Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
Hello All,
I had a guy installed an alarm & remote starter on my car:
Car: 2007 Nissan 350z Coupe 6SPD Manual
Alarm: Viper 5701
Bypass Xponder: XpressKit XK07
Well, he had problem finding the the "Neutral Safety Switch" so he set it to Auto Tranmission Mode.
From what I now, he also bypass the Clutch Switch (so the car can start without pressing in the Clutch). Quite Risky, I know.
He also wired up to the eBrake so the car WILL NOT start when the eBrake isn't Engage.
So the problem is the remote start been working fine but very intermittent. It sometimes work for days, then stopped, then sometimes work again.
Sometimes when it refuses to work, I notice that the car electronics system gets turned on, then off, then on, then off like it's trying to start but doesn't crank.
Also, I've found the Neutral Safety Switch pin (thanks to you guys) so I'll redo it.
But for now, i'd need help debug this issue.
Thanks,
kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
Not sure how much help you'll get here by installing auto RS in a manual trans. car. Ready mode in manual trans. cars is there for a reason...SAFETY. Your parking brake will NOT hold back a car that is trying to start. Having said that, the problem does seem to be with you neutral switch, or perhaps your bypass module if it is flashing security during these no starts.
Keith
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
i would take the car back to them and have them do it properly.
a proper remote start install on a manual vehicle only bypasses the clutch during remote start while the engine is cranking. and you don't have to hook up to the neutral safety in you vehicle....
he had to learn tach, hook up a door trigger, hook up a parking brake wire, and use a relay to temporarily bypass the clutch during remote start cranking only.
i can't believe somebody would actually do that on any car let alone a nicer car like yours....
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
atl_red_g35 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
I'd love to take it back to them but they went MIA on me. :(
Oh well, since I'm okay with electronics, I guess I'll take on the job myself.
Any tips on how and what should be done in what order to get it right?
Thanks,
Kevin
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
first thing i'd do is take pictures of the install which i'm sure is cracked out and post them haha...
then from there i'd start by putting the clutch switch back to factory. then work on gettin a good tach source, door trigger etc.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
joelr7309 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2010 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged  
Just wondering, I'm doing the same with my 08 Nissan Frontier Truck 5 speed, Where did you find you netural safety switch at? Also have the 5701 Viper
brandonz 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2011 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
Per the manual:
BLACK/ White Neutral Safety Switch Input
If this unit is being installed in a manual transmission vehicle then connect it to the emergency brake wire. This input MUST rest at ground in order for the remote start system to operate.
atl_red_g35 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2011 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys,
Can someone help me with the installation manual for the Viper 5701 and the Schematic for the 07 350z (since it's different than 03-06)
joelr7309 - I traced it down to the BCM on the passenger side, which i believe to be pin 103 if I remember correctly. It's a brown wire. You can use the DMM and measure the voltages as you shift the gears. Bad thing is that it's Grounded when in gear and not when at neutral so you'd need to follow Kevin's method there:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~115164~KW~Nissan+350~PN~2~TPN~2
scam404 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2011 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
You can go here for your wiring diagram,
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp
deadeye0909 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2011 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
I know this is a bit off topic, but I'm trying to get my starter to switch to "Manual" mode, but I can't find any instructions on how to do this. Anyone have any info on how to do this?
Thanks,

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic