530t window module in trailblazer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kuchar09 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Somewhere near each motor should be 2 wires going into each motor.
They should both be negative at rest.
Turn on the ignition then motor UP that window.
One wire should stay at neg whilst the other should read 12v+.
The one reading 12 volts is the "up motor wire" the other if you then motor down the window should read 12v+ whilst the other should stay neg.
That would be the "motor down wire".
Those would be the two you cut and join to the 530t. Repeat for the other window.
This is a type 1 and is in the instructions.
Yea ok, seems so easy yet I just can't get it to work. That's why I almost think this won't work on my switches. I'll test the wires n see what I get.
And to think I installed the 5901 with no problems :/
kuchar09 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Somewhere near each motor should be 2 wires going into each motor.
They should both be negative at rest.
Turn on the ignition then motor UP that window.
One wire should stay at neg whilst the other should read 12v+.
The one reading 12 volts is the "up motor wire" the other if you then motor down the window should read 12v+ whilst the other should stay neg.
That would be the "motor down wire".
Those would be the two you cut and join to the 530t. Repeat for the other window.
This is a type 1 and is in the instructions.
Ok I tested and made sure the wires were right and it still doesn't work....
kuchar09 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
Even though both my windows have one touch down this should still work, correct?
I believe that that module is built in the switch but am not positive.
kuchar09 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Ok the windows kinda work with the remote, they go up bit by bit and down bit by bit. The auxiliary 1 is set to pulse, but I noticed you can set the sux 1 on the 5901 for a window mode but you need a bitwriter I believe.
The switches still do not work. I took the wires for the switches that go to the module and tried touch n to 12V and one to ground and it just clicks yet the window doesn't do anything.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
These are the correct colours and locations.
Left Front, dark blue UP, brown DOWN door module in door.
Right front, Light blue UP, tan DOWN, door module in door.
Both rears dark blue UP, brown DOWN, at switches.
kuchar09 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
Those are the colors I am using and am connecting an inch or 2 from the motor. I took the module apart since I saw smoke coming from it as I tried multiple combination to find a diode not connected at all, just bouncing around the case. I re-soldered it to the board the in the correct direction but it didn't make my switches work, I don't think it really made a difference at all.
I tried connecting the switch wires to a small lawnmower battery and I could hear the module click like the switches but the window did not move either way. It's almost like the module isn't sending out the signal to role down the window.
I am thinking about buying another module to see if this one is just defective but don't really want to waste my money.
wsc75 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2012 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
did you ever find a fix for this? I have a 2006 trailblazer ss and just installed the 530t for the front windows and am having the same problem..... my remote works the windows fine, but the switches dont work at all. They send out a 3v signal for a ms.... I rechecked all of my connections and cannot find any problems.
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 5:13 AM / IP Logged  
If you can find this part on eBay . Gm-luk2 aka superbus 2. It does windows on a trailblazer via data. It's old probably 8 years old. And I can't remember what year trailblazers. But it had dip switches on it. And all you have to do is connect a few wires from remote start and one wire to purple at obd2
kuchar09 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
wsc75 wrote:
did you ever find a fix for this? I have a 2006 trailblazer ss and just installed the 530t for the front windows and am having the same problem..... my remote works the windows fine, but the switches dont work at all. They send out a 3v signal for a ms.... I rechecked all of my connections and cannot find any problems.
I never did figure it out. I gave up once I found a diode that came unsoldered. I was going to mess with it this summer and see if I could figure it out.
If you get it working please share.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic