icon

2002 mdx, viper 5301 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
handymandan 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2011 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  

I recently install a Directed Electronics Remote Start Kit on my 2002 MDX and have some questions:

1. After activating the remote start with the car running the key fob will not unlock the doors.  Is this normal?  Door must be unlocked with the key.I did not wire the alarm disable as everything was working without the wire and the alarm did not go off when I activated the remote start.

2. I wired the parking like option to the RED / yellow (-) wire on the steering column. The parking light option works except that when the system is running the dash lights and navigation flash brighter also.Is this normal? Will this eventually damage my navigation unit?

3. After all the wiring was complete and before I zip tie mounted the remote start unit and bypass under the dash, the unit would activate if I bumped or pushed on parts of the wiring harness. I am sure all my wiring, including the ground are solid and secure. The system has not malfunctioned since.

handymandan
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 04, 2011 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
1. Your factory remotes will not function with the ignition on. What model system did you install? Most have the ability to unlock the doors with the remote start running.
2. With the vehicle running using your key, turn the parking lights on and off...you should see the same behavior. This would indicate it is normal. I would turn off the flashing parking lights when running, change the programming to constant parking lights while running. It just looks silly IMO to have them flash while the vehicle is running. DEI apparently agreed because their newer units come preset to be on solid, not flashing like they used to be.
3. Something had to be lose or the activation input wire was not insulated and hit ground. Make sure all unused connections are well insulated and all of your harnesses are plugged in all the way.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
handymandan 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2011 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the response.

I have the ready remote Basic Remote Car Starter.

I do not think I have the keyless entry option?

I also do not see an option to program for constant parking lights, unless this something not in the manual/

handymandan
handymandan 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  

Lastly now the car alarm activates when I remote start the vehicle, which it was not doing the day I finished the install!!  I did not wire the alarm disable.

I assume I need to wire this?  Where can this wire be found and is it easily get to?

handymandan
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
Ready Remote probably wont have a option to unlock. Disarm should be orange in the passenger side fusebox. Hope this helped.
handymandan 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
I recently installed a ready remote starter system in my 2002 MDX. Lost the remote so am now purchasing a reconditioned vipor 5301. I used the 556HW on the old install. I assume an immobilizer is still needed and can I still use the 556HW with the new 5301 system?
handymandan
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
Absolutely!   Just cut the +12v (Red), ground (Black) and  (-) Ground In (Blue/White) wires and connect to the new Viper.
Soldering is fun!
dprairie 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2011 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the feedback before.

I am finially puttig this in now the weather is better.  Need some wire connection help on the Viper 5301 on my 2002 MDX.

1.  Where does the blue/white bypass wire connect to on the viper

2.  Do I need to use the dome light connection option if so where to I make this connection

3.  Where do I make the factory alarm disable connection.

dprairie 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2011 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  

Actually to add further to the above if there is a complete wire guide for this intall that would help me out greatly.

Thanks,

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2011 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  

1.)  The bypass module Blue/White connects to the BLUE (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT of the Viper.

2.)  Dome light supervision is probably not necessary.  Do the dome lights come on when you unlock the car with

the factory FOB?  If yes, then you won't need it.

3.)  Here is a link to DEI Ready Remote Wire Guide : 

http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp?action=select&yr=3562&product=Remote Start&make=Acura&model=MDX

For the door locks and alarm disarm you will have to run wires into the doors and make your connection there.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic