icon

code alarm ca 1551 flcan 07 fj cruiser

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zeusmotorworks 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2011 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
Have a CA 1551 Code Alarm with FLC-AL(DL)-CH4 1.5 going into 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I've never used the FLCAN module nor installed in a FJ. The electronics came from Crutchfield flashed Chrysler/Jeep (they swear it's supposed to be as it's compatible). However, now I don't know how to wire the FLCAN to the CA 1551. Of course all the input/outputs are labeled for the Code Alarm, but i have nothing for the FLCAN. Is it really as easy as using the FlashLogic Toyota FLC-AL(TB)-TL type 2 install from Doc. No.: ##2499##? Even though it's flashed FLC-AL(DL)-CH4 1.5?
zeusmotorworks 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2011 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
Also, anyone point me to a useful doc with the locations of everything on the FJ? Microwave motion sensor going in too as the truck will have tube doors and removed rear glass for off road events.
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2011 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
if you use the toyota guide you suggested, it is really that easy as you are just bypassing the key.  All the flcans i have used come preloaded with the chrysler firmware.  You have to flash whichever firmware is relevant to your install.  If crutchfield didnt flash it for you, then it must be flashed
Advanced
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2011 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  

If the FLCAN has the CH4 firmware still on it, it won't work.  You need the FLC-AL(TB)-TL  firmware.  Better verify with Crutchfield.

It looks like your FJ has two Starter and two Ignition wires.  If the CA 1551 does not have that capability, you will need an extra relay and in-line 20A fuse.

Here is a link to Bulldog Security for their wire guide :  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp

Here is a link to Audiovox for their wire guide :  http://techservices.audiovox.com/login.aspx   Sign-up is free.

Soldering is fun!
zeusmotorworks 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2011 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
Crutchfield swears this is the firmware they are using. I guess I'll try the Type 2 install listed for the Toyota FJ.
zeusmotorworks 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2011 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

If the FLCAN has the CH4 firmware still on it, it won't work.  You need the FLC-AL(TB)-TL  firmware.  Better verify with Crutchfield.

It looks like your FJ has two Starter and two Ignition wires.  If the CA 1551 does not have that capability, you will need an extra relay and in-line 20A fuse.

Here is a link to Bulldog Security for their wire guide :  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp

Here is a link to Audiovox for their wire guide :  http://techservices.audiovox.com/login.aspx   Sign-up is free.

I'll go look at your links.
This is an 2007 FJ. No Immobilizer key if that makes a difference.
zeusmotorworks 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2011 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
dasbogie wrote:
if you use the toyota guide you suggested, it is really that easy as you are just bypassing the key.  All the flcans i have used come preloaded with the chrysler firmware.  You have to flash whichever firmware is relevant to your install.  If crutchfield didnt flash it for you, then it must be flashed
Crutchfield swears this is the firmware they are using. I guess I'll try the Type 2 install listed for the Toyota FJ if I can figure out if I have the correct firmware. I was just going by what was on the box
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2011 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
if you do not have the immobilizer then you do not need the flcan
Advanced
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2011 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
If the FJ can start and run on a plain metal key ( from the local hardware store or Home Depot ) then you don't have the transponder immobilizer and won't need the FLCAN.
Soldering is fun!
zeusmotorworks 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2011 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:
If the FJ can start and run on a plain metal key ( from the local hardware store or Home Depot ) then you don't have the transponder immobilizer and won't need the FLCAN.
That is correct... I don't even HAVE the original keys anymore. No transponder immobilizer.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic