icon

avs s5 alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
prestonsthename 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2011 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  
I Have just bought an AVS S5 Alarm system. I live in New Zealand and am not sure if you can get this alarm in other countries. I have a Nissan Primera 1999 P11, (also called an Infiniti G20). Im stuck on the central locking part of the alarm. There are 6 wires coming from the alarm for the central locking. Lock-NO, Lock-COM, Lock-NC, Unlock-NO, Unlock-COM, Unlock-NC. Im not sure exactly how to connect this part up. I have looked at your central locking write ups and can't work out what type of locking system it has. There are four wires going to the drivers door actuator. 3 that are constant ground at rest and 1 that have +12V at rest. If you touch the +12V wire on any of the ground wires the doors unlock then when you take it off again the doors lock. My car has keyless entry from factory but not an imobilliser just keyless entry if that helps. Can you tell me how to get the central locking going or at least tell me what type of lock my car has. Thanks
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 12, 2011 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
If the car is the same as a USA released 1999 G20 it uses negative pulses for activating the factory door locks. This is the same thing that the door lock switch on the door does...supplies a momentary ground to the factory relays to drive the door lock actuators. My sheet says the 99 G20 uses a yellow wire for lock and light GREEN/ red wire for unlock at the SECU (Smart Entry Control Unit) located under the driver's side dash to the left of the steering column. More than likely you would also be able to find these wires in the door and coming into the vehicle in the driver's kick panel but grabbing them at the SECU sounds like the easiest location to get them.
From your write up it looks like the system you are installing has internal door lock relays. So...
The NO in your diagram means 'normally open'
The C in your diagram means 'common'
The NC in your diagram means 'normally closed'
Ground both of the 'common' wires and hook the 'normally open' wires to the corresponding wire in the vehicle. Just insulate the normally closed wires they would not get hooked to anything for your vehicle.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
prestonsthename 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2011 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
hi there, thanks for that. Yes this alarm does have internal relays. I will try that out. Thanks very much for your help.
prestonsthename 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2011 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
hi again, I have found the wires that kinda of match your describtion under the dash by the SECU, and when i cut them both then the central locking doesn't work. when i join them it works again so im guessing these are the wires. one is yellow with a red stripe and the other is a dark green with a red stripe. that is as close as i could get to the correct colors. all other wires are different. I hooked up the wires that you told me to to the central locking wires but nothing happens. The common is earthed. but when I connect the wires to the wire in the door with +12v the doors lock then unlock by themselves. they won't stayed locked. then when i dis arm the alarm they do nothing. or vice versa depending which way the wires are connected.  Do i have to use the NC and NO wires in combination or something. Thanks for your time
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2011 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
dont just cut it, use a dmm to test them
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
As Tedmond stated...NEVER just cut a wire before testing it with your DMM first.
When you test the wires you found, how do they behave? They should go from +12V (or nothing) to ground when you press lock/unlock on the door.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
Any one ever heard of a Japanese car with pos lock pulses? Don't think so. For that vintage use a test light, such as the snap-on. ground the clip and probe the wires, do it with either all doors closed and key out of ignition or with the driver door latched over.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
In fact I think you found the lock motor wires rather than the lock wires.
That car is the UK made successor to the Stanza
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
Directwire lists this is a single wire, colour yellow/red, type "F".
either you feed it sequential neg pulses to lock and unlock or it's a one wire/open circuit where you ground, to lock then break the wiring to unlock or vice versa.
prestonsthename 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  

Hi again,

Im kinda new to this and after i cut the wires i thought that was dumb. that sounds right there is a yellow wire with a red stripe on it. it has cinstant +12v (tested it) and when you griund it the doors lock and when you unground it they unlock or vice versa. can you tell me how to connect my alarm wires to this locking system? thanks very much for your time

Michael Preston

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic