Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2011 at 4:46 AM / IP Logged  
Cut the yellow/red wire.
Un Lock NC to door side of above.
Commons joined together and to car side of above.
Lock NO to ground.
Other wires not used, insulate and tape up.
This assumes ground to lock, open circuit to unlock.
This is the same as the 300Z, early nineties.
This should be in the central locking section, not sure, I've taken this from DEI's own type F diagramme which is the wrong way round! It says open circuit to lock and ground to unlock.
prestonsthename 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2011 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  

Hi again.

Thanks for that I will give that a go. when you say that it is the other way round I think you could be right i just cudn't remeber off the top of my head if it locks or unlocks when you apply ground to it. Thanks

prestonsthename 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

hi again, After doing all of these different things it still doesn't go so i gave up and went and bought an aftermarket door lock actuator. Can you please tell me how to hook this alarm system up to the actuator. it has 2 wires coming out of it. Just need to know what wires to use. I have played round with it but can't get it to work I have lock com lock no lock nc and unlock com unloack no unlock nc.

Thanks for all your help.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
if the actuator does not come with any relays, its a reverse polarity where one motor side switches polarity.
heres the diagram you want.
https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#arp
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
prestonsthename 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  

my alarm has internel relays? does that matter? and by using that diagram which wires are the lock and unlock wires from the alarm? as there are 6.

Thanks

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 2:32 AM / IP Logged  
Lock and unlock NC to ground,
Lock and unlock commons to constant 12v+ fused at 10amps.
Lock and unlock NO to either wire of motor.
Place the motor by your battery or a good 12volts source, touch each wire to a terminal. The wire that is live when it pulls in is your NO lock wire, the other is the NO unlock.
prestonsthename 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  

hi again, I tried what you said and when I touch put the ground wires on the ground it just kept blowing the fuse? so I took the fuse out and touched it and it sparked? so I didn't do that again. Also when I put just one wire of the actuator on a +12v nothing happens. But if I put one on the positive side of the battery and one on the negative side then it works and if you swap the wire over it goes the other way( pulls in and when you swap pushes out) if that helps?

Thanks

Michael Preston

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2011 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  
This is the point where you should say "oh well it's above my knowledge levels" and either give up or pay a professional to get it finished.
This car is one of the all time easiest to do, heck I did a complete front end (engine bay and part interior) rewire on one of these once. 2 days.
By the way the actuator is working correctly.
sheety 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2011 at 3:06 AM / IP Logged  
Hi guys, I just crashed my car and want to put my AVS S5 into my new car, does anyone know the layout of the wiring? I know where the power supply, ground and indicator wires are, but stumped at everything else. I used a dmm to find those out.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2011 at 4:07 AM / IP Logged  
To the last poster, how about even telling us what car, make model and year, then printing a list of the alarm wires and functions.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic