icon

only warn away with dei shock sensor?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wpegden 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
I have a python 991 I installed in my vehicle. So far I like it a lot.
The alarm is wired to switches on all the entry points. I also have a glass-break sensor I'm planning on using but its not calibrated yet, and I may add a tilt sensor.
Anyways, at this point, I don't think it's too important for me to have the shock sensor able to trigger the full alarm. I think its main purpose in my system right now is to act as a deterrent, especially if someone is bumping the vehicle to verify that it has a real alarm.
As a result, I was thinking I might bypass the full trigger functionality of the shock sensor, just keeping the warn away function.
The manual tells me how to do the reverse (bypass the warn away but not the full trigger) or bypass both, but not what I want to do.
Is this possible?
Thanks!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
too many sensors, just keep the tilt sensor
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2011 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged  
Isn't the shock sensor built in? If so forget it.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2011 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  
I believe you are right Howie. If it were separate you could simply cut the trigger wire but in this case it ain't possible...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2011 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
Yes it's inbuilt, personally I'd forget tilt sensor unless they're now reliable, the glass break is useless I'd go with a carefully adjusted 508d dual-zone proximity detector, or even a single zone.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2011 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
shock sensor is built in. looks like a defective brain?
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2011 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
What are you smoking Ted? The poster never said defective just wanted it only as an outer zone.only warn away with dei shock sensor? -- posted image.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2011 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
Someones that doesn't like tilt or glass sensors? Whoa!
That's 2 of us!
(The only thing I like about them is my laughter after I've triggered yet another one!)
I like the proximity detectors though. Mine is a few mW before intrusion but is boosted to 3kW after intrusion.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  
Never liked too many sensors, they actually trigger each other, the warn away can trip the glass breaker, that's after carefully adjusting each against the other, tilt sensors would go off every minute, whenever I get a "mystery" problem with a Clifford G5 it's the tilt sensor and no I never install them!
wpegden 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
Wow, I'm suprised the internal shock sensor can't be configured to be "warn-only". It seems like this would be a very popular option.
By the way,
Is the tilt sensor really that unreliable? Reviews on amazon seem very positive. (I'm talking about the 507M). What if it is set to the less-sensitive 3-degree cutoff?
For that matter, the glass mic also has good reviews, with people saying they don't get any false alarms.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic