icon

Need An AudioBahn Buff !!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
diabloed 
Copper - Posts: 133
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Well I have the AW1505X sub and the A2300HCQ amp and this is now the second sub I have blown. The first one lasted 5 day the second lasted 12 days. When the second on blew the gain was set just under 1/4 and W was just driving down the road and it blew.
Just wondering what you guys thought of this setup and what might be wrong?
Thank in advance.
Ryan Smith 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
I have heard this all too often...Audiobahn is made for bling-bling ghetto installs.  Don't expect it to last or be of any quality...if they spent half the money on R & D that they spend chrome-plating crap and marketing it to young and ill-advised kids...
diabloed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
my boss did one of these setups in a protege and the guys been hitting migh 150's for like 2 years now
QuinnX1 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
You know people have been teeing off on Audiobahn every since they came out with the chrome subs. Don't be fooled half of them have never heard an Audiobahn set up. I like Audiobahn amps alot and have had good luck with them.
diabloed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
yeah my amp is awesome i wouldn't trade it for nothing just not impressed witht this sub so far
QuinnX1 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
I have never heard of the AW1505X are they the AW1505Q?
diabloed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
ooops sorry i was thinking of something different yeah it is the AW1505Q!
drvnbysound 
Silver - Posts: 289
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2003 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
I previously worked for a shop here in Panama City, FL where we were the Authorized dealer for Audiobahn. I can honestly say, they do make good products. They may not spend as much time on their R&D department as some others do, and their "quality" may suffer a little, but I cannot say that their equipment is made for "ghetto" installs, becuase it was actually rare that we had customers come back with blown products, or un-happy customers.
As far as your situation itself, what type of box do you have? Is it sealed or ported? What are the specifications of the box?
I believe that sub is a Dual 2 ohm driver, correct me if I am wrong. How do you have the sub wired? If wired in paralled you have a 1 ohm mono load, at which that amp pushes out 2400W RMS @ 1ohm mono. That sub is only rated to handle 1000W RMS. I would suggest that you have it wired @ 1ohm stereo, where the amp pushes out 1200W RMS.
To let you know though, just because you turn the gain down, doesnt mean that you turn the wattage down. Turning the gain down, changes the amplitude of the signal, not the wattage.
Please advise on box specifications, as well as the wiring you are currently using. Those both could be the reason your sub is blowing
1nicemustang 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2003 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
damn.........Need An AudioBahn Buff  !! -- posted image. i just got an AW1000X i hope that bad boy doesnt go on me!!! im only pushing it with a 500 watt mono amp at 2 ohms.....geesh my luck!!
diabloed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2003 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
well i can't remember the exact details on the size i wanna say it is 2 cu.ft. sealed. i made it according to the audiobahn reps. i also have it wired parellel at 1 ohm.
which like i said my boss has done before with great success. what do you think.
the thing that sucks the worst is they won't take it back cause it is out of warranty and they are done doing my boss favors!!! needless to say i am very PO'ed
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic