2007 dodge charger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ayalja123 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2011 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
Twelvoltz wrote:
Again, What remote start system did you install? Did you verify the GWR is turning on and off as it's supposed to? How about the remaining analog connections between the remote start and the DBALL, lock, unlock, ignition, etc? Where did you get your ground?
Have you tried disconnecting the stuff you added then checking the factory remotes? If you call the dealer I am sure they will just tell you the remote start caused it. Besides, if it worked before you hooked up the remote start, and now it doesn't...I would think the same thing...something you added is causing the problem.
The R/S is a crimestopper PS-4 .yes i veify th GWR is working like is supposed to. I connected the ground to chasi.
ayalja123 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2011 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  

Twelvoltz wrote:
jpadj22 wrote:
Did you tap into the key sense wire?
Have you heard of the problems ayalja123 is having when doing something improperly with the MUX wire? The PURPLE / brown MUX wire in the 07 Charger handles keysense, second starter, and accessory. Installation of the DBALL requires that you tap into this wire.

I didn't tap into the keysense wire. You don't needed for the install of the DB-ALL. I did unhooked the connection to the data wires and the OEM remotes still didn't work.

ayalja123 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2011 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
The dealer will reprogram the remotes for 50 bucks
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 31, 2011 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
ayalja123 wrote:
The dealer will reprogram the remotes for 50 bucks
But if your installation/module/etc is causing the problem, reprogramming will not work until the problem is resolved. Assuming the dealer has a truly good tech, and happens to assign the job to that tech, and the tech establishes that your installation is keeping him/her from being able to reprogram the remotes, the dealer will remove it, charging their hourly rate, reprogram the remotes (or at least tell you they did), and charge you for that too.
Those things I listed in the previous posts were some things to check when troubleshooting. Have you tried disconnecting the bypass completely to see if the problems go away? When you say chassis ground, did you put ground to the kick panel, in a spot you removed all paint/primer from?
Again, everything worked before you installed anything...and it stopped right after you installed it...so it's something that was added that is causing the problem. Whether it's a problem with the installation or the parts, it's a problem that did not exist until you tried to install your system.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
ayalja123 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2011 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, i did those things you mention on the previous post when i first encounter the problem. I unpluged everything and nothing. But this weekend i will try troubleshooting again maybe i missed something. I think something happend when i was looking for the hi and low cam wires. At first i taped into the wrong wires until i found out what the colors were. That was my biggest mistake assuming i had the right wires without nowing the actual colors.I Won't do that again. I have install many remote starters and some have giving me problems but nothing like this. This is the results of being careless. Thanks for all the inputs. Lucky for me this was for a family members car and not a customer. I will post my results after i troubleshoot again. Thanks again
Twelvoltz 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 01, 2011 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
Good Luck, hopefully you find the problem without incurring any fees!! Please do post back the end result.
ayalja123 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2011 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  

Well here is the update. I couldn't wait till the weekend so i did it today. This thing was in my head 24/7. I checked and unpluged everything and still nothing. I got  instructions on how to program the key fob, but that didn't work either. Then i notice the key fobs would work if the key was on the on position. So I figure it has to do with the keyless system not having power to it. And sure enough it was a fuse. Now everything works perfect. I still don't understand how the system was getting power with the key on the on position and no power with the key out. I mean if the fuse was blown how was it getting power on the on position only?wire feedback? I'm just happy is working and i didn't have to spend any money.

Twelvoltz 
Posted: February 02, 2011 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
Glad to hear you got it working.
ayalja123 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2011 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
yeah me too. Thanks
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic