icon

2011 hyundai tuscon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Msp541 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2011 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know if the 2011 Hyundai Tuscon has a immobilizer bypass? How do i know if it is US made or Canada made?
Thanks!
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2011 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
Immobiliser bypass or if the car has a factory immobiliser?, it's transponder so yes there is a bypass available i guarantee you, you have to be more specific.
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2011 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
yes it will have a immobilizer. one way to know on those is there will be a green light flashing on the dash (kinds looks like a car with a key inside of it). another way to find out is to wrap the head of the key completly with tin foil and try to start the car. if it does not start then there is a immoblizer. how ever...for a 2011 you will need the additional bypass module. Idatalink makes some that are nice. there's others out there i know but i just use idatalink's. as for how to know if it's canadian or american made check the vin number. i don't know the number right off but one of the numbers / letters will be the production plant or at least where it was made.
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2011 at 5:09 AM / IP Logged  
Or check at the base of the seat belt it gives you location of manufactuurer.
Msp541 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2011 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help, i just have regular black keys and thats why i asked if it had a chip in them, as far as idatalink i checked there website and shows nothing for a 2011 Hundai Tuscon. Also anyone know of the wiring colors for this year 2011? I am not sure if its the same as the 2010.
Thanks!!! 2011 hyundai tuscon -- posted image.
stang351w 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2011 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
hello, for idata link you want either the ADS-RNG-HK...if you look on there site under the products tab and drop down to connec accessories it's under that page. you will need both keys and it will need to be programed by the hyundai dealer (also keep in mind it's a one time deal...if they screw it up programming you will need another).  now if you have access to a local install shop the ADS-AL-CA with the klon will work to. but you need to have the weblink cable to program it.
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
Msp541 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2011 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Stang351W for your help, i do have access to a shop and he deals with idatalink too so thats a good thing, i have to see if he has the ADS-AL-CA module if he does i am all set as long as he programs it right? Thanks for the help....
stang351w 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2011 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
correct....he will need to take it into the shop just due to how there programed. you need to upload the firmware, then install it to the vehicle at which time the bypass will start the klon process, then it's taken out of the vehicle and connected back to the computer for the final klon process then it's programmed to the vehicle....i know it sounds like a bit but if your guy knows what he's doing with it then it'll only take 10 min once everything is wired correctly
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
Msp541 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2011 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
Hi Stang351w- I went to my friends shop today for the Idatalink ADS-AL-CA bypass module and it could not be programmed due to the fact that the module is not needed for a 2011 Hyundai Tucson according to the Idatalink information on the web. He connected the programming cable to the ADS-AL-CA and when he went to program it no 2011 Hyundai Tucson showed up to allow programming. He advised to me that this vehicle must not have a bypass to remote start and i should be okay. I wanted to pass along that information to you.
stang351w 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2011 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
well..don't know what to tell you on that one... I know the last couple 2010 tuscan's i've done did have the OEM immobilizer and i used that by pass for those vehicles... good luck on your install and if you do run into an issue. my best advice on that would be to call idatalink themself's and see if that would work (some i've used for 2011 vehicles are the same as 2010's)
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic