icon

wiper motor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mag63 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2011 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
Hi guys I have 3 wiper motors that I need to work out the wiring on, 2 I have sorted out the low/high speeds and the park but one for a later car has 2 Resistors?? on the main plug and I can't work out the park feature on it...
wiper motor -- posted image. I guess that it uses a relay with it?
I use to be confused but now I'm not so sure:)
mag63 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2011 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
June 1996 VS Commodore Series II (Australia)
mag63 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2011 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
mag63 wrote:
June 1996 VS Commodore Series II (Australia)
Could be the same as The VE Commodore was previously exported to the US as a Pontiac G8 with V6 and V8 engine options.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2011 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  
If you mean those blue discs, they are probably varistors or tranzorbs or capacitors or similar; across the lines (to ground) to limit spikes.
The wiring should the same or similar...
(Usually +12V; gnd for slow, gnd for fast; gnd (for park), and ...???... too late!)
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2011 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  
Or ground, constant ign. switched 12V+ (park), 1 wire for first speed, second for higher speed, both at 12V+, switched from the stalk
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2011 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  
If they use Opel wiring, brown will be the ground and the ign. wire will be black, possibly with a trace colour.
mag63 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2011 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
oldspark wrote:
If you mean those blue discs, they are probably varistors or tranzorbs or capacitors or similar; across the lines (to ground) to limit spikes.
The wiring should the same or similar...
(Usually +12V; gnd for slow, gnd for fast; gnd (for park), and ...???... too late!)
oldspark a fellow Aussiewiper motor -- posted image. Why don't we have a site like this one?
Thanks for the reply, wiring yes seems to be the same but the park runs a very very short time compared to the other 2..
mag63 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2011 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
If they use Opel wiring, brown will be the ground and the ign. wire will be black, possibly with a trace colour.
Thanks howie for both replieswiper motor -- posted image. I will test that tomorrow (midnight here) and heading for bed, will report my findings....
Cheers guyswiper motor -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2011 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
In answer to last last question, Oz only has one Oldspark, the rest of the time we're telling sheep shagging Kiwis how to fit stuff in their Ford Angulars and Austin Aggros.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2011 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
mag63 wrote:
oldspark a fellow Aussiewiper motor -- posted image. Why don't we have a site like this one?
Maybe we do, but I won't be there - I stopped contributing to Aussie forums years ago.
And from colleagues' recent examples, I still won't. (They stopped too!   wiper motor -- posted image. wiper motor -- posted image. wiper motor -- posted image. wiper motor -- posted image. )
Aussie forums were invented to keep Aussie richard craniums off international forums.
Civilised Aussies like us (that prefer the darker South Australian sheep) do well and appear welcome on non-Aussie forums.
Baaa!
EPILOGUE: Yes - I'd rather support my own, but there are too many vested interests (commercial or darpick harpeads) protecting their own.
PS - Sorry about the bum steer (or ra-aa-am) with "gnd" connections...
And my esteemed learned colleague and friend Howard is - IMO - quite entitled to have a go at our Kiwi neighbours, and us for that matter - especially me! And yes - I say that despite his apparent abode... he has a fine understanding of matters including cultural. Indeed, even we Antipodeans would be proud....
[Shut-up Howard! I'm defending you, not praising you! mag63 probably understands...]
PPS - my mate has a VS that I could check.... maybe... if I get to see him....
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic