icon

wiper motor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2011 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
All I can say Peter is thank goodness the moderators aren't into Aussie and UK slang. Got away with a word rhyming with banker for years.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2011 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
Rhyming slang? Wot - ya think I'm cookney?
I use filter defeating expressions like full names (Richard Head) else dinkydi local spelling alternatives (dinky-di has the same Chinese root as "fair dinkum" - probably the 2nd most popular Australian term (Yes - it's Chinese!). [FTR - root as in source, not root!]
And as a first, I wrote the old "insert arp before sounded vowel" verbal code.
Most are just puns like cow dung instead of bullsh.
If ever I do offend, the I sincerely apologise.
Alas profanity is something that varies greatly between cultures. (In Australia, to be told "you mustard!" (in the RIGHT way) is a compliment!)
However I think the censoring of female canines is going a bit far...
But I'm also an egalitarian, therefore I reckon "dog" should also be censored - or is sexism on this site acceptable?
As usual, I can bank on You Howard.
I never considered being a banker.... (Hmmm - a banker IS an insult here. But a Quaker (Shaker) isn't.)
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2011 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
Nah Pete, I'm just being childish using local slang to get past the moderators, I believe you are 3/2 ahead at the moment, did you like my (friendly) Kiwi dig?
By the way it isn't cookney any more, it's "estuary English" as in Thames estuary, nasal London with West Indian, Yiddish, Afro-American, Hindu bits thrown in.
Arp? that's a girl's language, incidentally I hate using the female dog, or a word rhyming with hunt.
My older sister still visibly shiver's if you use the "f" word in front of her.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2011 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
Estuary English - I love it! Sounds like some riff-raff get down there - those of the old tribes etc. Yep - sounds like I'd love that too! Great cuisine I'd presume?
Sorry about the cookney - what next, Estruarian English?
Speaking & writing of missing c's, that old fox hunt accompaniment has become a rather fowl expression. I avoid it for egalitarian reasons - plus your reason of course.
I once wrote hereon how I was female canine-ing about something. (That was how I found out.) I use it in a verbal sense, not as a (improper) noun. I use it to describe my whinging - I'm not sure I'd use it to describe others' whinging though....
(Oh dear, Antipodean grammar skills now showing... somewhere...)
But one thing I like - our laws do not question whether offense should have been taken. The point is, it was.
Hence I bow to any authority that points out (my) offensive behavior. (At least I try - I may clarify misunderstandings, and I can't rule out getting whizzed off...)
Then again, one forum claimed members were offended that two contributors were arguing (or discussing?) about a tech issue. I found that strange, but also confident that that would not fall under our Offenses Act (Legal pun/ambiguity not unintended!).
And speaking of criminal acts - hijacking other's (mag63's) threads!
Though if I may be so brash, I suspect mag63 doesn't mind - and may even enjoy....
(Aussies are great aren't they. So easy going. Not like me at all!)   
Funny.... On my way home I saw a VS Commodore and considered running it off the road. (My patience for solutions may not match that of OP/questioner. Or is it an over-eagerness issue?)
Enuff criminality from me!
A VS solution....
PS - "Friendly" Kiwi digs? No such thing - it is WAR across the old Tasman ditch! I just hope the Kiwis show some mercy!
LOL! Digs can be sensitive, buy friendly digs should be acceptable an tolerable - especially in return!
IMHO - the Kiwi's have nothing to be sensitive over. Their talent, skills, quality... where do I start?
It's those bluddy Wassies that are the problem (West Aussies). (Maybe it's just the further you get from Melbourne, the better things get!)
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2011 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  
Fine but it's just that we have this image over here in Pom land of an NZ with an England in the 1950s with the cars to go with that scenario, Hillman Hunters etc.
I wouldn't pick a fight though with their rugby players.
Mind you who'd want to have been in N.E. Australia in recent months.
2 non-PC comments for you, you probably no the first.
Where do intelligent Australians come from....New Zealand.
What do you call an Scouser (Liverpudlian) in a suit?....The Defendant.
mag63 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2011 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
In answer to last last question, Oz only has one Oldspark, the rest of the time we're telling sheep shagging Kiwis how to fit stuff in their Ford Angulars and Austin Aggros.
wiper motor - Page 2 -- posted image.Kiwiswiper motor - Page 2 -- posted image.
I use to be confused but now I'm not so sure:)
mag63 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2011 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Or ground, constant ign. switched 12V+ (park), 1 wire for first speed, second for higher speed, both at 12V+, switched from the stalk
Spot on the money with this one howiewiper motor - Page 2 -- posted image.
mag63 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2011 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  
Pic of VS wiper motor's plug/Brown 12V, Red low 12v, Blue high 12v, Black earth and yellow park 12v...
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2011 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  
OK for your future reference, at the wiper motor you will generally have the following....
12Volt ignition which feeds the "parking the blades" part when you turn off.
Speed one going through a resistor*.
Speed two going directly to the motor.*
* Speed one goes through the resistor and slows the motor, speed two gives it 12 volts so it runs faster.
Intermittent is usually applied via a chip controlled timer such that speed one instead of working constantly gets its voltage between once per second to once per minute.
Sometimes the feeds at the stalks are negative, e.g. Hondas and VWs this goes either directly to the motor which has a constant feed, i.e. earth or ground switching which is what Oldspark was telling you or in the case of VWs goes to a processor converting the neg switching two pos. and reducing the voltage instead of using a resistor at the wiper motor, more efficient and more expensive.
Some vehicles have a third speed but this is simply adding another resistor etc.
Ever have a train set wit ha speed controller or a Scalextric as a kid? It's the same principle.
A third speed as on some
mag63 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2011 at 7:12 AM / IP Logged  
wiper motor - Page 2 -- posted image.
wiper motor - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic