viper 5701, xk01, 2004 tahoe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bndawgs 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2011 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

W2W is good.  If you are using W2W, the Vipers' D2D jumper position shouldn't matter.  Your connections should look like this:

XK01                    Viper / Tahoe

Black                Chassis ground  (Viper H1/5)
Red                  +12v constant (Viper H1/2)
Orange            (-) Disarm (Viper H2/1)
Violet                Tahoe ODB 2 Connector, Pin 2 (usually Violet)
Violet/White     (-) Door Trigger Input (Viper H1/8) ***see previous post to add rear doors
Blue                   (-) Unlock  (Viper Blue wire on 3 Pin Lock Connector)
Green                (-) Lock   (Viper Green wire on 3 Pin Lock Connector)
Brown                (-) 200mA Status Output (Blue wire)

Any security type lights on the dash?  The Tahoe starts OK with the key?

Yup, truck starts fine with the key.  I believe the OEM lock icon comes on when the truck shuts down after RS. 

The only difference I have from your connections is that I don't have the XK01 orange hooked up.   And of course i currently have the rear doors diode connected to the pink wire, which I know i need to change. 

With the orange XK01 not hooked up, that woudn't cause it to immediately cut off after RS would it?   Because I used to be able to control the locks with the viper remote.

<--------   Stayed at a Holiday Inn express last night
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2011 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

Does the Tahoe have the Factory alarm?  If it doesn't then the Orange Disarm wire doesn't matter.

Sure sounds like a bypass problem.  Disconnect the Pink wire and try to program it to Type 4 again.  Resetting the XK01 with a re-flash of the AMDL firmware would be the best way to start over...

Soldering is fun!
bndawgs 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2011 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

Does the Tahoe have the Factory alarm?  If it doesn't then the Orange Disarm wire doesn't matter.

Sure sounds like a bypass problem.  Disconnect the Pink wire and try to program it to Type 4 again.  Resetting the XK01 with a re-flash of the AMDL firmware would be the best way to start over...

Not an actual alarm, just the standard horn honking function if the doors are unlocked and opened without using the remote or key to unlock the door.
I'm pretty sure the module needs to be reflashed like you said. I'm debating between sticking with the XK01 or looking into getting the idatalink. know anywhere to get one here in the US?
bndawgs 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2011 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
Well, still no luck. I reflashed the module and programmed it to vehicle type 4.
Still starts up and then dies right away. However, when I open the rear doors, the truck horn doesn't go off now.
I'm going to work extending the crank time to see if that does anything.
stupid question, but i still haven't installed the hood pin yet. If that was the problem, it would give me the error tone correct?
bndawgs 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2011 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
extending the crank time doesn't help.
Has to do with the bypass somehow. Oem lock flashes on the dash with the RS.
bndawgs 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2011 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
re-flashed the module. plugged it in, led turned on. good so far. turned the key on, and got it to flash 4 times. then i held the button down and it blinked once and then stayed lit. then started the truck and the led went out. tried locking the truck, and the module led blinked once. same as when i unlocked it.
then tried to RS it and still cuts out right after starting. i then started it with the key and then hit the RS button. turned off the key and the truck was still running. hit the brake and it shut off.(so at least i know the brake wire works. viper 5701, xk01, 2004 tahoe - Page 2 -- posted image.)
so for whatever reason, it just isn't bypassing the passlock2 system.
i'm wondering when i got the led to blink 4 times and then held the button, if holding the button caused it to go back to blinking 1 time? so maybe i should let it blink 3 times and then hold it down?
but would it still talk to the truck for the door locks if it was programmed to vehicle 1 type?
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
Are you connecting the brown wire on the XK01 to the blue status wire on the Viper after you learn the resistance?
bndawgs 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

buddholly wrote:
Are you connecting the brown wire on the XK01 to the blue status wire on the Viper after you learn the resistance?

yes, i do have the brown xk01 wire connected to the blue status wire from the 5701 brain.  But I connected it before I plugged in the XK01 module. 

Are you saying to connect that wire after everything else is hooked up?

buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
My fault, I was thinking of programming an XK06. So when you remote start it does it try to crank? Could try switching your brown wire to the blue/white on the viper...where did you go for your tach signal?
bndawgs 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  

buddholly wrote:
My fault, I was thinking of programming an XK06. So when you remote start it does it try to crank? Could try switching your brown wire to the blue/white on the viper...where did you go for your tach signal?

when i remote start it, it starts and then dies right away and the oem lock icon flashes on the guage cluster.  I picked up the tach signal behind the guage cluster, white wire.

for whatever reason, it's not bypassing the passlock2 system, because i started the truck with the key, then hit the remote start button and was able to take out the key and it kept running. 

this weekend my next step is to take the brown xk01 wire and just ground it, then hit the remote start to see what that does.  if it starts and keeps running, then i know that the blue status wire from the viper is dead and then i'll try that 2nd status wire the blue/white one.   

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic