icon

2008 caliber remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeremyj 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I am at my wits end with this, and desperate for any help.
I have a 2008 Dodge Caliber and bought the Fortin EVO-CHR T2 and a Python Responder One 2-way remote start.
I first followed the instructions for installing the Fortin. Was pretty straight forward and it works as expected. I then installed the remote start as the Fortin's instructions detail.
Here are the wires I connected
2008 caliber remote start -- posted image.
2008 caliber remote start -- posted image.
Blue (-) status output from RS to blue (-) while running input on EVO-CHR
Violet/white tach input on RS to pink tach output on on EVO-CHR
Brown (+) brake shutdown to orange brake status on EVO-CHR
Grey hood pin shutdown on RS to hood pin
Black ground on RS to ground on vehicle
Both red 12V inputs on RS to constant 12V source on vehicle
Pink ignition output on RS to yellow ignition input on EVO-CHR
Purple starter output on RS to light blue/black starter input on EVO-CHR
Blue unlock on RS to PURPLE / white unlock on EVO-CHR
Green lock on RS to purple lock on EVO-CHR
BLACK/ white neutral safety shutdown on RS to ground
Alright, I have everything connected. I used a volt meter to check both powers and ground. Both show 12 volts. When I press the remote start button I can hear the satellite relay inside the brain tripping back and forth. When I put the volt meter on the purple starter wire it shows no voltage when I press the button.
I assume theres some safety feature that is tripped that I am missing, but I have been through it over and over and cannot figure it out. Please any advice would help so much!
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Did you hook up parking lights yet? These can help in diagnosing some problems. The clicking could be just the parking light relay telling you why it doesn't want to start.
What does your DMM tell you when you probe the pink/black on the Fortin piece (the one that connects to gray on the DEI piece)?
Did the Fortin piece indicate that it programmed correctly?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
jeremyj 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
I did not hook up the parking lights yet because there is no where in the installation guide that shows using the parking lights in diagnosing.
I accidentally highlighted that pink/black wire on the Fortin, I did not connect that wire.
Yes, the programming on the Fortin indicated it was right, with the Fortin installed I can still start, unlock, and lock the doors. So that has to be working.
As a side note, I did have this working when I quickly hooked everything up. The problem started after I routed all the wires through the car. After it wouldn't start I took all the wires out again and connected it quickly again, but still nothing.
I will try hooking up the volt meter to the parking light output and see if it registers any volts.
jeremyj 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
Update,
You were correct, the relay tripping was the the parking lights. It blinks 5 times.
jeremyj 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I hit the post button too soon....
Googling the 5 blinking lights shows that the hood switch ground is tripping. This should be impossible as that is a ground and I currently do not have it hooked up so it has nothing to ground to.
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
is your pink/black hooked up and your hood open?
jeremyj 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2011 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
No the pink black is not hooked up, but it never was and I got it to start before.
The hood is open yes, but that should not matter because I do not have the hood safety switch installed yet. It is a ground, so as long as it's not touching the frame of the car it should not trip, and as far as I can tell the car it's self doesnt have a switch either.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 11, 2011 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
If it is blinking 5 times, the gray wire on the RS is seeing ground.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
jeremyj 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2011 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
It cannot be touching a ground. I can hold the wire in my hand far away from the car and this is what the remote start does.
Is there anything that could cause the brain to trip this ground wrongly? because there is no way that the grey hood wire is grounded.
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2011 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  

sorry, I thought it was the brake problem, it blinks 5 times, so edited this post.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic