icon

viper 5901 shuts antenna off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scorpo900 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2011 at 6:47 AM / IP Logged  
H3/8 - doesn't this feeds 12v+ to the onboard relay for the IG2? H3/2 is a 87a relay input for the onboard relay (which is used for IG2), I'll test, but I need to check first to make sure I don't feed IG2 with 12+ power constantly, even while the car is off. I did not run into this problem with the 2004 Sienna or 2005 Tacoma, since I installed this system with the onboard relay used for 2nd Starter and not IG2. It does make sense that H3/2 maybe is the source of 12+ after the car is turned on for some of the alarm components. I'll work on this on Sunday and report findings. Thanks.
Always test. When in doubt, read and study. If still in doubt, read some more. If that don't work, don't do it then or your burn everything... a Chef
scorpo900 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2011 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
Correction:H3/2 is 12v+ and H3/8 Not connected, this morning I did not had the install sheet with me when I posted the previous reply. To this point Im certain the module has to be bad. I think it may have relay that provides power to the antenna after powerup which is acting up.
Always test. When in doubt, read and study. If still in doubt, read some more. If that don't work, don't do it then or your burn everything... a Chef
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2011 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
Initially when i read this post i could not reply, but my first thought was a defective brain, the ignition circuit is probably messed up.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2011 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
Laying a screw driver across those terminals will reset it to factory settings, so back to manual trans, 12 min run time...blah blah. Will also reset V-Tach if you ran that and didn't give the system time to learn it.
scorpo900 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2011 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
Just doing a reset will not change things, I'm with T&T this module has to have one of the relays (internal) burnt. It switches current from one mode to the other (engine off and on), whatever feeds the radio while engine is running, is not working. I'll a replacement when I get a chance and $... I do thank everyone for all your input.
scorpo900 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2011 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
I ordered a replacement module. I'll post if the new module fixes the problem. If the new module fixes the problem, I'll sell the flawed one on ebay, as is, since I cannot get a warranty with DEI, it will be super cheap, under $50 bid, with the new module new harnesses, siren, antenna, etc.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic