viper 3303 and door lock problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deoz 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2011 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  

Guess I missed the part about paste from word.  here is the post again:

First off forgive my rambling if this post drones on, please bare with me. Doing lots of research and this topic seems to be beaten to death but I would greatly appreciate help.

Basic information:

Car: 1991 Ford Mustang GT with power door locks
Alarm: Viper 2-Way 3303 has internal relays for the door locks as well as a flex relay for additional I/O’s

First off Not pleased that the only “instructions” that come with this alarm are the user instructions for the remote and a pin-out diagram.  So your left with your best judgment for most of the connections.  This is not a problem for the basic stuff (trunk pop, parking lights, door open input, etc).

I am having a problem with this reverse polarity door lock system and the internal relay door lock wiring that the 3303 comes with.  I was sure I had installed this correctly but I guess I was wrong.  Attached is a quick wiring diagram as to how I have it hooked up.

So when just one action is connected, either lock or unlock, the doors seem to only want to lock no matter how I have it connected.  But with both actions, lock and unlock connected simultaneously the fuse pops for the alarms relay power.  The internal relay only allows you access to pins 37, 37a, and 30.  I am assuming (due to the lack of instructions or further detail of how their internal relay works from Viper) that pin 35 is being used by the circuit board to activate the relay (alarm out -) but I have no idea as to what they’re doing with pin 86 inside that box.  Should I wire up separate outside relays and find a way to get the 3303 to output a (-) so it activates the door locks like a normal alarm and forget about using the internal relays?

Any help would be appreciated.

viper 3303 and door lock problem -- posted image.

deoz 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2011 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  

Seems like a complete waste of the "internal" relays for the 3303 but would this work?  I hope new cars can take advantage of the 3303's internal relays, cause if everyone still needs to wire up external ones seems like a joke to me.

viper 3303 and door lock problem -- posted image.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2011 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Your wiring is correct, please test the lock outputs from the 3303.
deoz 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2011 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
I have it wired up exactly like the second picture it only wants to lock not unlock and Not blows the power fuse when I try to Um lock it
deoz 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2011 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
So just to expand both lock and unlock are sending a ground signal from the 3303. Wired up like diagram #2 unlock button locks the doors lock button does nothing. If I try to flip flop any wires I blow fuses.
deoz 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2011 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
Mental note 91 mustangs two pink with yellow wires and pink/LT grn = lock and pink / YELLOW = unlock Not sure why my car is backwards
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2011 at 3:50 AM / IP Logged  
Don't be angry but the fuse blow symptom on tells me you've either actually wired it wrong in the first place or something is the "wrong way round".
deoz 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2011 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  

it's ok not mad at all.  Come to find out I had two pink with yellow wires in that harness at the kick panel.  Who knew :)  I got everything sorted out all though I did find the lock/unlock wires to be backwards to what all the wiring diagrams for the 90-93 guides said. 

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2011 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
Glad you sorted it, the other wire must have been sitting on ground to blow the fuse.
mkraffert 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
OK, this looks like what I need to do in my 1998 Expedition, but I'm not sure. I have a Python 700 2-way system. I've installed the system and all the "alarm" functionality works fine. The problem I am having is with the door locks and the dome light supervision. The system has build in relays, and LOUSY instructions. The system has the following wires:
H3/A - Domelight Supervision Relay Input #87 - BLACK/ White
H3/B - Lock #87a Normally Closed - WHITE/ Black
H3/C - Lock #30 Common (Output) - GREEN/ Black
H3/D - Lock #87 Normally Open (Input) - Violet/Black
H3/E - Unlock #87a Normally Closed - BROWN / Black
H3/F - Unlock #30 Common (Output) - Blue/Black
H3/G - Unlock #87 Normally Open (Input) - Violet* (Common with H3/D at fuse holder)
and
H1/9 - Domelight Supervision Relay Output #30 - This wire is ALSO BLACK/ White and has a note in the manual that reads: If the input wire H3/A is not connected there will be no output on this wire.
I have identified the following wires in the wiring diagram and have found them in the vehicle:
Power Lock - Pink / YELLOW
Power Unlock - Pink/Green
Lock Motor - Pink/Black
Domelight Supervision - Polarity Positive - BLACK/ Light Blue
The instructions assume I know how to properly connect these wires based on the descriptions, but I don't, and I don't want to connect them wrong and fry the brain or anything. Can someone please point me to a diagram or describe the correct connections for this?
Thanks!
Mark Kraffert
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic