icon

First Alarm, 97 Honda Civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2011 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, just realised, it's the left hand rear 3/4 panel, where the back door would be. Good place if your cables are long enough though I'd have placed the R/S behind the dash, that is less of a length on the high powered stuff for the R/S.
Usually my favourite place for burying amps!
zerovandez 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2011 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, that's the driver side rear 3/4 panel (left). I've extended all of the R/S wires with true 10 gauge wires with solder and tested all connections for voltage drops. All seem to be working well. Next, I will need to wire in the 530T module and figure out what I want to do with the siren and/or horn.

zerovandez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2011 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  

It's been a while! I took a break for a long moment. Thus far, I've cleaned up the wiring, and started running them to where they need to terminate. I've mounted the alarm brain and the 520T.

I've got a problem with wiring the 520T on the passenger side. The wiring on this site states the motor up/down wires are BLUE / YELLOW and BLUE/ORANGE. On my car, these wires are present on the plug that connects to the switch, again, on the passenger side. But the 2 wires that run to the MOTOR are BLUE/WHITE and BLUE/RED then it connects to the motor plug. The wires on the motor are a SOLID RED and a SOLID YELLOW only. What to do?

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2011 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
You interrupt the motor wires, once you've tested and verified that they are indeed motor wires go right ahead, wiring diagrams are references.
JW.ORG.
COMMIT YOUR WAY TO JEHOVAH AND HE WILL ACT IN YOUR BEHALF.
PSALMS 37:5
zerovandez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2011 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
Well, Just more history on this car; This model civic, 1997 Civic DX Hatchback, never came with power windows. I installed the power windows with OEM parts. I'm thinking that the passenger sides door harness is from an Acura Integra. The wires match up with that from the Integra...
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2011 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  
OK.
JW.ORG.
COMMIT YOUR WAY TO JEHOVAH AND HE WILL ACT IN YOUR BEHALF.
PSALMS 37:5
zerovandez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2011 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
Just for my own information, how do you test the wires? The owners manual is really vague on how to do this. I guess I'm not sure what and how to check?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2011 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
As posted before, use a DMM. Both motor wires should be negative at rest. On pressing switch up, one will will go to 12VPOS, and the other stay at NEG or ground, press switch for down then the wire that was at ground should go to 12VPOS and the other to ground. This is all explained in the manual.
2 points you are referring to a "520t". I assume you really mean a 530.
Second I'm surprised at the different colours, Honda have kept to the same colours since at least the mid 90s.
zerovandez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2011 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Howie! Yes, I meant 530T. Still fiddling with the mounting the battery of the 520T. Again, I have a honda, modified to fit factory power windows, and I'm assuming I'm using Acura Integra door harness so the colors would be different as they are described on this website.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2011 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
Very unlikely, the Japanese are the most logical nation when it comes to wiring colours and continuity of those colours, also remember, everywhere else bar the US there's no Acura, it's all Honda.
Just test.
Page of 17

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic