icon

clifford callguard nightmare cg

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
anewman 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2011 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
VW Polo MkIV. It's done the wiper thing as long as I've had it, and I thought it was normal. The wipers won't activate by stalk unless ignition is on. Once reconnected the battery a number of times and the wipers had moved an inch up the screen. When I turned the key to ignition on, the wipers completed the sweep, stopping in the parked position. I can only suspect the Central Electrics ECU is the cause. If I interpret the official wiring diagram correctly, positive and ground are only supplied to the motor via that.
anewman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2011 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged  
Just tested battery drain (without the alarm armed, didn't want to chance waking the neighbours, lol.) It fluctuates quite a bit, but ranges from around 30ma at the bottom, to as high as 110ma. I left the multimeter connected for a few minutes to see if it settled down. On the whole it tends to stick around the 50ma mark. I suspect at the high end the callguard is doing its mobile phone thing and seeking out the GSM frequencies etc.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2011 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
Definitely the ECU or the relay/fuse panel.
50ma is acceptable. If you have a delay on the interior light that would explain the initial 110ma draw, again normal so look at the battery!
bashman40 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
sorry to dig out an old thread but im also stuck and need to know how you reset a callguard as mine aint responding after my battery went flat :-< farad888 can u enlighten us how to reset this device, thanks in advance
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  
The only 2 things I can think of are:-
a)Disconnect the power plug and remove SIM card for 20 minutes.
b)Place SIM in an unlocked phone and wipe the call history.
anewman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  
There is no specific reset procedure detailed in the manual, although the specs suggest there is some sort of reset function. Agree with Howie's points, and while you're at it and have the sim in an unlocked mobile phone (or one of correct network), check that you can send and receive outbound messages with the sim. I've had unusual goings on with sending and receiving messages with a sim in the past.
bashman40 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
i have tryed that and no luck with it. would be nice if the original thread poster enlightened us with the info he got off amour automotive (guessing that number is for them?)
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  
Yes that's their number.
bashman40 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2012 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
i still havnt worked out how to reset this unit, armour wont tell me as im not an installer. is there any1 out there that can help?
rickerlove 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

I'm having the same issue, my callguard lost teh plot two weeks ago when I listened to an O2 support person telling me it was OK to put the SIM card in a phone to register it online.   I told him that teh callguard instructions say not to do it, but they insisted it was the only way.  

I work for a Mercedes garage and Clifford or Clarion (whoever manages this device at the moment) would not give me the reset procedure.  The reset feature is listed as a feature in the instructions. 

I will contact my local Clifford dealer and see what they will charge to reset the device.  If anyone knows the reset procedure there quite a few people out there trying to figure it out.  I've fished around on the net but still no answer to the riddle just yet. 

I have since installed a fresh sim card, but it's giving me the same result.  It only reports sytem armed or system disarmed (its not set to do that), and then ignores any other requests.  The settings are not stored on the sim card, but read into the onboard memory of the Callguard.

If anyone can tell me the onboard reset procedure I can paypal you a donation for your help.  Would love to put this to bed or just bin this device and get a chinese one with integrated GPS for next to nothing...

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic