icon

clifford callguard nightmare cg

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bashman40 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2012 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
I didn't mind the reset method was told its something you text the unit but I had to get a local Clifford installer to do it and charged me also :-( would like to know this info also
rickerlove 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2012 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  

Hmm,..  I work at an independant garage and have been passed by Clifford to various 3rd parties and none of them seem to know how to who to direct me to for the reset procedure.   Just going aroung and round in circles, very confusing as the main Clifford/Directed website still has this priduct listed on their website.

The sort of seem willing to help, they just don't have this info on file or something..   I feel for the local clifford installer trying to get through the day with the directed stuff.  Generally their manuals are quite good, but the tech support is something to improve.    Bashman, who was your local insaller who sorted out the unit for you?

all best.

anewman 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2012 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
I suspect it must be a big "secret" due to the fact it sets the pin to default. However, since you first must know the phone number and that the number is using such a system, I don't see that it's such a security issue personally. Would be good if anyone who can find it could spread it into the wild. Particularly given the apparent difficulty in finding it.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2012 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
What's happened is that Armour Auto were the importer for the last few years.
That changed earlier this year and the new boys aren't up to it yet.
Frankly I'm thinking of staying with Armour and selling everyone Code-Alarm product; I'm trying out the first few next week.
Hint try calling 0208 606 0638 and ask for Steve, I didn't give you this number. clifford callguard nightmare cg - Page 3 -- posted image.
bashman40 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2012 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
My local installers r motor guard in birmingham. Ring the new seller they may give u the info ? Armour wouldn't give me anything
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2012 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
That's the new number.
rickerlove 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2012 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks bashman, I'll hold my breath for Amour to get back to us.  I figure a week is enough time for a reply, then it's the pay per minute number if that fails. And BTW what did your clifford installer charge you for the reset? did they even have to see or open the device. Thanks again for all the good info.

Howie: Aha,  but but it was Steve's colleague who initially forwarded me over to Armour Auto... hmm: he may just be tired of offering support for this device if it has been sold on to a different divison or company.    The plot thickens..

If it is a simple text that initiates the on board reset feature, hopefully we can give them the mobile number of the callguard and they can take care of it remotely.  As it stands, the callguard is titering on the edge of the bin.  (Or shall we send it in to clifford for WEEE recycling, it does have their label on it).

With the ability to jam mobile phone frequencies, and also the open ended nature of this paging device, it does not seem to be strictly a security device by any stretch. The analogue inputs could be used to monitor a small weather station or an aquarium or something along those lines.

I'm trying hard not to be cynical - I'm sure Armour will get back to us this week with some info and it will all be sorted.   

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2012 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
Actually they won't get back to you, they parted company with DEI under acrimonious conditions, effectively they've washed their hands.
Steve now works for the new importers.
It was never meant to be a stand-alone device, it was to be used in conjunction with an alarm.
anewman 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2012 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  
At least if you go to a new unit of some description, you have all the wires in the right place - just a case of soldering up to the new plug. Would be interesting to see what alternatives there are to the Clifford Callguard, and how well they work. The Callguard is certainly expensive compared with some of the cheap Chinese units that flood ebay.
I remember reading somewhere the Callguard is manufactured by someone else (could have been Viper? even though same umbrella company), and branded Clifford for the UK market.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2012 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
Actually no, was originally sold as a Clifford and again originally had nothing to do with Viper.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic