clifford callguard nightmare cg

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bashman40 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2012 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
rickerlove wrote:

Thanks bashman, I'll hold my breath for Amour to get back to us.  I figure a week is enough time for a reply, then it's the pay per minute number if that fails. And BTW what did your clifford installer charge you for the reset? did they even have to see or open the device. Thanks again for all the good info.

Howie: Aha,  but but it was Steve's colleague who initially forwarded me over to Armour Auto... hmm: he may just be tired of offering support for this device if it has been sold on to a different divison or company.    The plot thickens..

If it is a simple text that initiates the on board reset feature, hopefully we can give them the mobile number of the callguard and they can take care of it remotely.  As it stands, the callguard is titering on the edge of the bin.  (Or shall we send it in to clifford for WEEE recycling, it does have their label on it).

With the ability to jam mobile phone frequencies, and also the open ended nature of this paging device, it does not seem to be strictly a security device by any stretch. The analogue inputs could be used to monitor a small weather station or an aquarium or something along those lines.

I'm trying hard not to be cynical - I'm sure Armour will get back to us this week with some info and it will all be sorted.   

I had some other work done also but he priced with a reset for the unit also, I could of done the work myself but as I had to go to the installer to reset it I just had the lot done from them. I can't remember how much I paid to be honest. Keep me posted even if its a PM with the Info.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2012 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
If you simply want to know where your vehicle is or know when the alarm's gone off many companies including two I work with make trackers for a lot less money that will achieve the same result.
Without all the setting up palaver.
bashman40 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2012 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
Can we get some info about this a link would be perfect
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2012 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
Tomorrow, I'm speaking with them in the a.m.
I installed one with a 650 Mkll last week and it worked perfectly.
POS, NEG and feed from the horn (not siren)output set to constant.
anewman 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2012 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
The thing that concerns me about most similar systems is expensive subscription fees. The beauty of units like the Callguard, is you'll only ever pay for use of a pay as you go sim, which as they're so ubiquitous are quite cheap.
The fact they tie a price to resetting the unit seems like bad news to me. Would seem to suggest the best chance we have of getting it out in the public is a disgruntled ex-employee.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2012 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
Acutrac,     www.acutrac.co.uk
Tel 01264 310007
bashman40 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2012 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  
Any luck on a reset code process
rickerlove 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  

I'm going to give it another day and then contact Motorguard, as Bashman was able to confirm that they've done the job.   I'll find out what the charge would be to reset the unit.  If they are willing to do it remotely that would be a plus - if they are willing to give up the recipe, even better..   I'm still guessing that it's actually a jumper on the circuit board - but what do i know...  If i decide to open the thing up and try to reverse engineer the damn thing, i'll  certainly post the info here.  It beats throwing it in the bin as a defeat. 

If the product is no longer officially supported, they'd probably be doing themselves a favour by getting this basic info out there.   This whole process of initiating this "on board reset feature" has been a royal PITA - I've not given up just yet!

bashman40 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
Mate did u sort this?
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic