the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 mazda 6 keyless, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2015 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Last poster, in terms of time and amount of labour (wiring up) you'd be much better off with a data module as above, e.g. the door triggers when you hard wire are NO, AFAIK only DEI products can be programmed to accept NO triggers.
You won't have this problem with a data module.
nolig2278 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2015 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nolig2278
Is there a good write up for how to install and program one of those special systems? I have installed prestige car alarms in older Mazda but nothing with the special key. I don't want to spend hundreds extra just to install a few less wires only to find that I have no support for configuring one of the special interfaces.
A prestige alarm with remote start is about $120 +10 for key adapter. I really want to stay under $200 but I am very nervous about making sure I get everything flashed correctly if I go with the dball type thing.
Thanks
Mazda 6 and MX3
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2015 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
If you're happy with hard wiring, then stay with it. But make sure the Prestige product can be programmed for NO as well as NC door triggers assuming it's RS + SECURITY, not so important if just RS.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2015 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
you can use the pictorials to get a better understanding. Howie is right with using any interface module.It will cut your install time/make it easier since you plan to have an alarm.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
nolig2278 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2015 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nolig2278
Please excuse my ignorance. I am pretty hands on and I have installed a remote start as well as removed my 94 mx3 engine on more than one occasion and one of those times was to swap in a BPT/ECU/VAF and more. I just have come across so many vendors selling me incorrect items over the years, so I am worried about ordering a module that is not programmed correctly and then having a dead car.
Is there a trust worthy place I can order a programmed module or a cost effective way that i can program? Are the programmable just by downloading and flashed with a a USB cable or a special cable?
Does anyone have a fully functional 2011 mazda 6 setup that I can mimic?
I don't think everything this guy used for his clients 2010 is listed.
Thanks
Mazda 6 and MX3
nolig2278 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2015 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nolig2278
I am trying to understand this a bit after lookiing again at various manuals:
I can order OL-AL(MDB)-MA-E and with particular RS/Alarm kit I can wire about 10 wires to the car and just a couple wires and a special Data Wire between the RS/Alarm and OL?
How do I program it to know I have a Mazda 6 2011?
I see the procedure using the valet key.
Thanks
Mazda 6 and MX3
nolig2278 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2015 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nolig2278
Ok, so I ordered the viper 5706, dball2, and usb loader for the dball. I am planning to go with the fewest wires unless convinced otherwise by using the D2D schematic.
Mazda 6 and MX3
nolig2278 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2015 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nolig2278
Couple Questions after having looked at the wiring for viper and dball:
i c that i connect RX and TX from Dball to PATS connector of my 6 but do i use the ignition and ground on the pats connector too?
from RS a fused 12v to the RED / blue in steering column
from RS ACC to the pink / YELLOW in steering column
from RS starter to the grey/red in steering column
from RS parking lights - BLACK/ white at bcm
do i need to connect the other fused wires that are on the RS?
Mazda 6 and MX3
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic