icon

remote start on 2011 dodge challenger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Troc4434 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2011 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
I need to know how to do the wiring for the dodge challenger 6 speed clutch engagement to start the car w/o holding the clutch in. Im using the xpresskits DB-all, d2d and phython 592 2way lcd remote start/alarm system. I think a guy said you have to uses resistors and relays on the dodge and chrysler manual cars to use the remote start.
Troc4434 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2011 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
Do i need a relay for the clutch switch?
Troc4434 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2011 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
Okay guys, I found the clutch switch connector( 3-pins connector near brake pedal) I hooked up the relay to two of the wires. Im trying to get the 592 remote start alarm to work in manual mode. for some reason the tach for the db-all not working so I need a place to hook up the tach from the db-all and the remote starter to the car? where is a good tach spot on the car to tap into?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2011 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  

The Tach only needs to go to the remote starter.  The DB-ALL Tach is an output signal.

This info from DEI:

Tachometer      NOT BROWN / white  (a/c)          any fuel injector

Soldering is fun!
Troc4434 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2011 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, because this thing has been driving me crazy( lol) The xpresskits company told me today that they have a 2011 dodge challenger in their shop that they used the DB-ALL, firmware 401.CHRYSLER 3.10 hooked up D2D. They said they hooked the Tach from the DB-ALL to the remote starter and it works. When I try this I get the "tach voltage is to low" on my 2-way lcd when I attempt the remote start. then I have to go through the remote start manual transmission program sequence all over again. why does mine does this, am I missing something?
Troc4434 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2011 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
has anyone hooked up remote start on a dodge challenger 2008-11 d2d using xpresskits db-all? also did you have to use the tach wire from the remote starter to an fuel injector? when I use d2d w/o hooking up the tach to an injector but to the dball bypass I get a message on the 2way remote that says "low voltage".( the tach) I wanted to avoid going to the injector wire under the hood.
Troc4434 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2011 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
has anyone with info on this?
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2011 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
have you tried using voltage sensing? or my personal favorite on any new car, NO SENSING. turn every sensing type off and set your crank time for probably the minimum time possible because more than likely the starter wire input is simply a pulse to the vehicle computer which then tells the car to start itself. i rarely ever have problems when doing this on any new car.
Troc4434 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2011 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
soundnsecurity wrote:
have you tried using voltage sensing? or my personal favorite on any new car, NO SENSING. turn every sensing type off and set your crank time for probably the minimum time possible because more than likely the starter wire input is simply a pulse to the vehicle computer which then tells the car to start itself. i rarely ever have problems when doing this on any new car.
Ive only tried d2d using the DB-ALL bypass module instead of w2w. when I try to program the remote starter to manual mode since I have a 6 speed. It say on the remote "low tach voltage" which people said I just need to go to the injector wire. is the no sensing the best way to hook it up?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2011 at 3:44 AM / IP Logged  

Not familiar with the Python unit, but two things come to mind with Viper systems.

1.  You must be in Tach Mode if you are installing the unit in a manual transmission vehicle.  Here is a note for a Viper Install Guide :

Note: The tach wire must be connected and programmed for the manual transmission mode to work.

2.  The Viper units have jumpers on the side of the brain for Tach Threshold.  Does your Python unit have this?  Here is the note from Viper :

In most cases, this jumper can be left in the Off position. Some new vehicles use

less than 12 volts in their ignition systems. The unit may have trouble learning the
                   tach signal in these vehicles. Changing the jumper to the On setting changes
                   the trigger threshold of the digital tach circuit so that it works with these type
                   vehicles.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic