remote start on 2011 dodge challenger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
groundzero2010 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2011 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  

TROC4434 wrote:
Thanks, because this thing has been driving me crazy( lol) The xpresskits company told me today that they have a 2011 dodge challenger in their shop that they used the DB-ALL, firmware 401.CHRYSLER 3.10 hooked up D2D. They said they hooked the Tach from the DB-ALL to the remote starter and it works. When I try this I get the "tach voltage is to low" on my 2-way lcd when I attempt the remote start. then I have to go through the remote start manual transmission program sequence all over again. why does mine does this, am I missing something?

I had this issue when using "voltage sense" and "virtual tach". The problem stopped when I connected a physical tach wire to one of the fuel injector wires. I was using the XK01 bypass module which was suppose to have a tach output through the data wire, but unfortunately the Viper 5901 that I was using doesn't read the tach over data. So my suggestion, connect the tach from your remote start to your injector wire.

Troc4434 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2011 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

Not familiar with the Python unit, but two things come to mind with Viper systems.

1.  You must be in Tach Mode if you are installing the unit in a manual transmission vehicle.  Here is a note for a Viper Install Guide :

Note: The tach wire must be connected and programmed for the manual transmission mode to work.

2.  The Viper units have jumpers on the side of the brain for Tach Threshold.  Does your Python unit have this?  Here is the note from Viper :

In most cases, this jumper can be left in the Off position. Some new vehicles use

less than 12 volts in their ignition systems. The unit may have trouble learning the
    tach signal in these vehicles. Changing the jumper to the On setting changes
    the trigger threshold of the digital tach circuit so that it works with these type
    vehicles.

the python 592 and the viper 5092 2ways have the same brains and features. I did set the system into tach mode. my problem is getting it to remote start to work hooking it up using D2D like expresskits says I can do. They said when they (xpresskits)installed the DB-ALL
they did it D2D without any problems on a 2011 dodge challenger. I dont understand why I have to use the tach wire from the remote starter when they just hooked their tach wire to the bypass.
groundzero2010 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2011 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  

TROC4434 wrote:
the python 592 and the viper 5092 2ways have the same brains and features. I did set the system into tach mode. my problem is getting it to remote start to work hooking it up using D2D like expresskits says I can do. They said when they (xpresskits)installed the DB-ALL
they did it D2D without any problems on a 2011 dodge challenger. I dont understand why I have to use the tach wire from the remote starter when they just hooked their tach wire to the bypass.

You should be able to use the tach wire output from the DB-ALL. I also believe the brains for the python 592 and viper 5902 are the same brains as the viper 5901 and corresponding python. The only difference is the color transmitters. You could purchase color transmitters and use them on the 5901. (I think...) This may be a stupid question but have you tried learning the tach signal? This is a step that a lot of people miss. I don't know the extent of your knowledge.

By the way, it was brought to my attention, on your abbreviation for circuit you use "CKT". There is not "K" in circuit. Should this possibly be CCT? - R. Robson
hahahahahahaha
Troc4434 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2011 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
groundzero2010 wrote:

TROC4434 wrote:

You should be able to use the tach wire output from the DB-ALL. I also believe the brains for the python 592 and viper 5902 are the same brains as the viper 5901 and corresponding python. The only difference is the color transmitters. You could purchase color transmitters and use them on the 5901. (I think...) This may be a stupid question but have you tried learning the tach signal? This is a step that a lot of people miss. I don't know the extent of your knowledge.

I had the tach output wire from the db-all hook to the remote starter tach wire from the the python brain. which it doesnt work( "low voltage" response shows on my 2-way). Ive already done the learning tach signal. I was just seeing if I could avoid hooking the remote starter tach wire directly to the fuel injector. but it weird how it worked on xpresskits dodge challenger that they installed the db-all on using d2d without hooking it to the injector without issues. maybe i will just tap into the injector wire and hook it up that way. I really wanted to avoid this, thats why I hooked it up D2D vs W2W.
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2011 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
Straight from the mouth of a dei rep at a remote start training.  "When installing on a manual trans car, the tach has to be hardwired to the vehicle." 
Advanced
Troc4434 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2011 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
dasbogie wrote:
Straight from the mouth of a dei rep at a remote start training.  "When installing on a manual trans car, the tach has to be hardwired to the vehicle." 
thanks, I will try this. I already have the tach wire from the remote starter routed out to the injector, just never hooked it up. I wanted to see if I could get the remote starter to work through data to data using the DB-ALL bypass module. I think the reason xpresskits got the DB-ALL to work on their 2011 challenger is because it was an automatic transmission. But they claim they did it on the 6 speed challenger with this module. I dont believe what xpresskits tech guy say. He refused to give me any other info on this matter because Im not a authorized dealer for viper. but I buy what I need for a job im working through my distributor. I dont stock alarms systems, I build custom cars which most of the times already have a alarm system in unless it comes right from the dealership. Im thinking about to start using I-Data Link stuff instead.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  

i think you need to change the tach threshold jumper link someone said. i was thinking that it might have a setting like that but its been forever since i touched a viper alarm and had to deal with these kind of problems.

honestly, if you want to avoid physically hooking up the tach wire to the injector and you cant get the digital tach to work then you need to do what i was telling you and just switch the engine sensing option to off and set the crank time for the minimum.

tons and tons of installers will swear up and down that a physical tach connection is the only way to go, and honestly it is usually the most reliable when it comes to long term use. the only problem with the way i am suggesting is that is the remote starter fails to start the engine then it will not know it.

so what happens is the the electrical system stays on without the engine running for however long you set the run time for. with any other setting turned on the remote starter will keep trying to start the engine for a period of time, which can also be a blessing or a curse because if it just wont start and it keeps trying to crank the starter over and over then you will come out to a dead battery.

but, with engine checking turned off, the car will only crank once. this is perfect for new cars with computerized ignition systems. if you can turn the key to the start position for just a moment but the car continues to crank until the engine starts running. if you have this kind of system and the remote starter wont start the car with engine checking turned off then there is probably something wrong with the car itself that is causing the factory computer system to not be able to start the car in one shot. if you live in a very cold place then cold starts might also become a problem for the remote starter and this is the only real situation that i really recommend using the tach wire.

thecoolmankyle7 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
D2D is not as reliable as W2W I NEVER use D2D. The Tach output on the DB-ALL is a strong Tach signal when connected W2W and will work great. You cant switch to Tachless start on that RS because It has to see a physical Tach signal to remote start a Manual car. IF you use W2W it will work fine. 
corrysmtx 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2011 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
I have yet to have a problem with d2d, besides the fact that I get the install done much quicker. Im using Xpresskit and Omegalink currently, Omegalink seems to be a little more reliable, they also offer more features on the multi platform bypasses than xpresskits. Idatalink is the same company as omegalink but they use just 3 bypass modules. Seem to work ok but have had issues, such as failure to learn pk1.
1 12" mtx 9500 4ohm dvc 1 8100d and 1 1501d almost loud enough to cover the sounds of my car dying.
Troc4434 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2011 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
Well I did mine D2D because I wanted to use the oem key fob to work with the python 592. usually I wire cars W2W, but Ive always have done automatic cars. which I used virtual tach when installing W2W. but since the dodge challenger is manual I could not use virtual tach. everything works(the alarm, unlock, lock, trunk aux ect) in D2D except the remote start. It un programs when I go through the manual remote start setup, then the 2way reads low voltage. so now I know the only way its going to work right is to hook the remote start tach wire to the injector rather then the bypass module tach wire. thanks guys for all your feed back.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic