icon

2008 2500 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crwlaway 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2011 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, this is what i got. 2008 dodge 2500, EVO-CHR bypass and a compustar 6000AS. I got it all set up as per fortin's web site(hook up parking light to RS, hook up 12 volts constant to RS and hook up ignition 1 from bypass to RS). Then i got a data cable from the bypass to the 6000AS. From my understandings i shoudnt have to hook up any other wire, am i corrrect? I can get the truck to lock/unlock arm/disarm but i cannot get it to start, nor does the horn honk or anything else. What am i doing wrong. Thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2011 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

The EVO-CHR does not handle the Horn, you must connect that up directly from the

CM6000 to the Vehicle. 

Did you change CM6000 Programming Option 4-11 to Option 2 for the Fortin bypass?

Did you program the Tach signal?

STEP 3: Learn tach. While the vehicle is at idle,
hold the foot brake and press and hold the remote
start button on the remote control for 2.5 seconds.
The parking lights will flash once and the siren
will chirp once to confirm a good tach signal. The
parking lights will flash two times and the siren
will chirp two times to indicate the tach did not
learn. Two seconds following the two flashes, the
number of parking light flashes will indicate the
cause of the error.

How did you connect to the Parking Lights?

Soldering is fun!
crwlaway 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2011 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
I did not even see the option on group 4. I was just glancing at it when i was putting it in. I couldnt hear or see if the tach was recognized because i did not have to horn hooked up. I ran the parking lights to the positive white with grey, i can run it the other way if i need to. I will try that option out tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks for the info. Is there anything else i have to hook up directly to the vehicle? Fortin doesnt seem to have the best support, at least from what i have seen.
crwlaway 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2011 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  
Well i just looked at how to change the settings and i will not be able to with my remote. I have the 1 button remote. I am no where near a dealer, i live in alaska. I am either going to have to get a programmer or a different remote.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2011 at 4:06 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, that is the big draw-back with the one button remotes. 

Normally, with the CM6000, the siren is used and the horn is not connected. 

Do the Parking Lights flash with lock or unlock?  Your connection should work, but only turn on the right side.  Use a Digital Multi Meter to verify the wire.  The other way, using the (-) WHITE/ Light Green wire at the switch requires a relay and a resistor, but will actually turn on all the Parking Lights.  Here is the relay wiring :

Pin 86 to CM6200 (+) Parking Light output

Pin 30 to vehicle side of cut WHITE/ Light Green wire
Pin 87A to switch side of cut WHITE/ Light Green wire
Pin 87 to chassis ground thru 1.1K ohm resistor ( 1/4 watt )
Pin 85 to chassis ground

The least expensive 4 Button Remote / Antenna kit is about $45.  The OP500 is about $80.  The OP500 is easier to use ( LED display & connects at the antenna  ) and will allow changes in the Special Option Groups. 

Soldering is fun!
crwlaway 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2011 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
I appreciate all the help. I just ordered the OP500 last night, i figured it would be easier to use than a remote. I will have to change to parking lights to that so i dont have any issues. well now its just a waiting game.
crwlaway 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2011 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
well i got the programmer and the 6000 is programmed for the fortin. Tried it again with nothing. It wont even let me program tach. I am about to just hard wire evything. Any other suggestions?
kreg357 
Posted: August 27, 2011 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  

Did you re-program the EVO-CHR to the truck?  Did it follow the responses in the guide exactly?

Any error flashes from the Parking Lights when programming the Tach?  ( Assuming the Parking Lights do flash with Lock / Unlock. )  Fortin shows the CM6000 as two way DataLink capable. 

Just to hear it crank, you could set 2-10 to Opt 4...  but in Alaska you would normally want it in Tach mode.

Assuming Auto Trans, the GREEN / WHITE internal loop should be cut.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Soldering is fun!
crwlaway 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2011 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  

cant even get an error, it isnt doing anything. I reporgramed it to the truck. I thought it was supposed to disarm the vehicles security system, but i can still use the original key fob to open it. To me if you disarm the system you disarm the key fob as well. I dont know if it is not programming or what. Could it be the evo-chr needs new firmware? If so, can i use the y cable that came with the op500?

crwlaway 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2011 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
So i figured it out, i took it out of tach mode and it started. But i couldnt kill it with the brake. so the fortin is not getting a signal for tach or brake. I hardwired the alarm to the fortin just to make sure it wasnt the data bus from the fortin to the alarm. When i hardwired, i had the same results. So i am going to contact fortin and see what they say. Thanks for the help.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic