icon

viper 5901 xk09

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
billy_vw 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
I'm currently in the middle of installing a viper 5901 with an xk09 flashed to dlpkgm 2.06 and glass break sensor in my 2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali.
I've got a few questions about problems im having.
First is driver priority unlock does not function. I have made sure the 5901 is set to single pulse unlocking and it still doesn't work. It still works with the stock remote just not the viper one.
I also would like the window roll up. The xk09 says it has that through d2d. How do I enable it?
I have a glass break sensor hooked up. It will not trigger the alarm though. I read that it can only be enabled with the bit writer. Is this true?
I have the brain set up in the dash near the front window. The sensitivity is adjusted all the way up and it still won't trigger even when I shake the entire truck. I think it should be more sensitive than this, what am I doing wrong?
I'll post more questions after I fiddle with it tonight.
Thanks.
audiophyle_247 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
billy_vw wrote:
I also would like the window roll up. The xk09 says it has that through d2d. How do I enable it?
You need to enter programming & activate "comfort closure" from the alarm, its purpose is to leave the lock signal latched for 30 seconds so the vehicle will always roll the windows up on arming.
billy_vw wrote:
I have a glass break sensor hooked up. It will not trigger the alarm though. I read that it can only be enabled with the bit writer. Is this true?
No, assuming all is installed right the glass break should be plugged into the extra sensor port on the brain & should trigger the alarm without any issues. No programming required for operation, just correct install.
billy_vw wrote:
I have the brain set up in the dash near the front window. The sensitivity is adjusted all the way up and it still won't trigger even when I shake the entire truck. I think it should be more sensitive than this, what am I doing wrong?
First off it is an "impact" sensor not a motion sensor, so shaking or rocking the truck wont do anything. It takes a sudden vibration (ie smacking a window or something) to actually trigger it.
Second is how the brain is mounted/secured in the dash. This is one of a couple pet peeves I have about the new DEI alarm lineup, and I hate the integrated impact sensor (love the remote adjust-ability though). The issue could be either your testing method or brain mounting, or even a combo of both. There are many threads on here about how to properly mount a shock sensor for the best function, and this mounting technique needs to be applied to the entire brain of the alarm.
As for the priority unlock Id have to look into it further, Ive never had anyone WANT to retain that feature from an OEM system. Most whine about having to do a double unlock pulse and there being a slight delay in getting the other doors to unlock.
Unless it raises the hair on the back of your neck, its only noise!
billy_vw 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2011 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
As far as the glass break sensor goes, it doesnt trigger the alarm. I noticed that it is functioning because playing music will make the red light blink but but hitting my key on the window, as described per the instructions will not set the alarm off.
As far as priority unlock, ive always had it so its just something im used to.
Another question, does anybody know which wire I need to get to activate the rear defrost?
audiophyle_247 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2011 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have the glass break plugged into the right 4 pin plug on the alarm brain?
You say the light blinks with music, have you confirmed it is blinking when using a key on glass? Just because the music triggers it, doesnt mean your key tapping is too. Crank the sensitivity to max & try the key again. The alarm only needs to see a ground pulse on either the green or blue wire on that 4 wire harness & it will trigger.
With alarm armed, connect either of those wires to ground for a second & it should trigger the warn away, ground for longer than a second & it should trigger full alarm.
Unless it raises the hair on the back of your neck, its only noise!
billy_vw 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2011 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
glass break works now. I think it has demons in it.
billy_vw 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2011 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
I still cant seem to get the drivers priority to work. I realized i had it wired wrong and thought i might have accidentally been using the W2W mode, but i cut all those wires and reprogrammed it to D2D it still unlocks all at the same time with one press of the unlock button.
This thread talks about a guy with a similar car having a similar problem but opposite, any ideas?
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~126516~PN~1~TPN~1
Pressing the Aux 1 output of the alarm activates panic of the factory alarm, is that normal?
billy_vw 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2011 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
And one more problem im having, when i remote start the truck, the headlights come on, the truck starts, during which the headlights are off, they come back on for an instant, then go off.
I think this is due to the automatic headlights, but does anybody have a work around for this or know if its normal?
billy_vw 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2011 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
Anybody have any ideas?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic