2005 Honda Civic Si EP3, Viper 5902

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kaotik78 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2011 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
Morning,
I've got conflicting information on wiring diagrams for a 2005 Honda Civic Si (ep3) model, the two door hatchback.
2002-2003 list a second ignition wire as BLACK/ red, but another listing I have shows the BLACK/ red as accessory.
Can someone post up if they have it, a wiring diagram/listing for this car? Thank you!
kaotik78 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2011 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
Another observation is the factory alarm. I can't find the arm/disarm wire at all. I've gotten conflicting info stating that it's a orange arm, brown disarm, but this hasn't been confirmed either.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 22, 2011 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
Use a volt meter and see if the wire in question has power on it when attempting to start the car.  If it is an IGN wire it will have power under a starting condition.  If it is an ACC wire, it will have no power on it while the starter is turning over.
kaotik78 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2011 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, I was having a blonde moment with no coffee in the AM. With my fluke next to me, the light came on. The alarm is in the car now, however I haven't figure'd out how to get the factory alarm to disarm/arm when the aftermarket alarm is armed/disarmed. Do I no longer use the OEM key fob? I've got the PKALL installed as well. I wanted to get the red led on the steering column to blink when the viper system is armed, so far no luck.
kaotik78 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2011 at 5:47 AM / IP Logged  
Well no such luck with the installation integrating with the honda factory alarm.
I have installed the PKALL, wired the 5902 up to the appropriate wires and door triggers. Diode isolated the triggers.
When you arm/disarm the car the red led on the steering column blinks rapidly then calms down to a slow steady blink. When the viper alarm is disarmed, the factory alarm is still armed, opening up the door will get the car to honk the horn. So you must click the unlock button on the factory keyfob as well. From the Civic manual, I can't find any alarm disarm wire to hook the Viper up to. I assumed the PKALL was going to take care of the arming/disarming of the factory alarm as I have it hooked up to the Viper D2D port.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2011 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  

Disarm will be brown...very small guage wire. Look behind the fusebox, you will see two harnesses wrapped in tape that come in from the drivers door. One of them has disarm, lock, and unlock.

kaotik78 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2011 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks all! I've gotten the factory alarm to work with the Viper 5902 now! The last problem I'm having, and it's too bad too, cause we're supposed to get 4-8" of snow tonight, is the remote start feature acts very odd.
Here's the scenario I'm experiencing.
Start car, push brake pedal down, engage e-brake, car is in neutral, take foot off brake and push remote start button on key fob, key fob reports remote start activated. I take the key out, and before I can get out of the car the car shuts off.
I don't know what I've done wrong, because I had another run with it, and it did the same exact thing as above, only this time the car stayed running while I had time to shut the drivers door and lock the car, then the car would shut off.
I've gotten all the appropriate wires hooked up or so I think. Do I just have another junk brain? My old Python 872 did this before, it would never just arm/disarm/remote start correctly.
:Sigh: bigtime on this cause I think I've exhausted all avenues of installation.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 30, 2011 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
I know you said 2005 Civic, but I thought the Civic didn't get a factory alarm until 2006. Sure you have an '05?
As far as the reservation mode, I might have an idea for you. What did you use for door trigger? Domelight wire or individual doorpin wires with diodes?
One of my first manual-transmission remote starters was in a 2006 Civic Si 2-door.
I tried using the domelight as my door trigger, and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working right.
The problem was that the car (and most Hondas, and many other cars too) turn on the domelight when the key is shut off. That made the remote starter think I had opened a door and cancelled the reservation mode.
So maybe it goes like this:
1. You park, and engage reservation mode.
2. You remove key, and domelight comes on momentarily. System thinks you've opened the door.
3. While you're getting your coat and wallet or whatever, the domelight times out. Remote start shuts off and is in ready mode.
4. Now you actually go to get out of the car to go into your house. Domelight comes on for a second time, and the remote starter thinks someone has been inside the car, which cancels ready mode.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2011 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
Take your door trigger feed from the inst. panel door open display, instant shut down when door is closed, won't be affected by the dome light delay, will cure your last problem.
kaotik78 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2011 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
This is an 05 Civic Si (hatchback). The factory car alarm is OEM, SECURITY SYSTEM CIVIC Si P/N 08E50-S5T-100, for 2002-2005 Honda Civic Si's. It's different than the other Honda security systems, because it has a green connector that hooks up to it, not two connectors as I've seen in the RSX, RSX-S and other Civic's. A link to the alarm from Honda is here --> http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/03sialarm.pdf
Chris, you bring up a great point, I'll have to check that out when I get out of work today. I went with individual door pin wires and diode isolated each one. Front Left/Right door and hatch.
Howie, I'll also give that a once over mate. Cheers!
Had to step back from it for a few days as we got blasted with a snowstorm and lost power for three days, make that four now. I'll come back at it with a fresh head and hopefully get it sorted out before it dips into the teens and single digits!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic