icon

2005 Honda Civic Si EP3, Viper 5902

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2011 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
Just pull the white plug, identify the wiring, e.g door triggers etc, join it to yours and ignore it, use the control unit for a paperweight if you like
kaotik78 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2011 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
I double checked the dome light, it does come on after I take the key out, however, the remote start shutdown sequence worked, three times back to back this time. What isn't working is the actual remote starting now.
This 05 Civic Si has two switches on the clutch, one is for the cruise control, the other is the clutch safety switch, the plug is yellow, with a black and light green wire on it. It sees ground when the switch is depressed. I've hooked up the starter output 200ma wire to it, but when I activate the remote start, the dash lights come on, gauges register, but no clicking, the fuel pump primes but that's it, no cranking.
I have not hooked the parking light wire up yet, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2011 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
You must have the "wrong" clutch switch.
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2011 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
Where exactly are you connecting your clutch bypass?  According to DirectTechs you can go to BLACK/ White in the fuse box to do clutch bypass... Are you getting to the point where you can get out of the car and still have the vehicle running or is it failing before that?
kaotik78 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2011 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
The vehicle will stay running now with the remote start sequence. I can exit the car and then lock the car, the engine shuts off and the doors lock. It just won't start up. I'm wondering if the PKALL is defective, I went through the install process again, everything is hooked up correctly, the light flashed to register the key. I used the D2D port on the side of the 5902 unit, wondering if that needs to be disconnected and connected via the blue/white wire to the viper instead? Just grasping at straws and thinking out loud :)
kaotik78 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2011 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
The connections made to the car from the H3 harness are
H3 Green - Blk/White going toward ign switch
H3 Purple - Blk/White going toward starter
H3 Pink - Blk / YELLOW
H3 Orange - WHITE/ Red
H3 Red - White
H3 RED / Blk - White
buddholly 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2011 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  

What are you doing for a clutch bypass.  You should have your starter wires connected at the BLACK/ white wire in the fuse box.  It will be in the very top row, second plug.  That will do the clutch bypass.

Does it seem like the PKALL is programming correctly?

kaotik78 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2011 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
I'm using the 200ma starter output (-) from the 18 pin H2 harness. It's hooked to the (-) clutch switch wire. I've even gone through the remote start sequence , sitting inside the car, then pressing the clutch down and it still won't crank. Gauge lights come on, fuel pump primes but that's it. I can count 5 relay clicks for the error, which is apparently the brake switch, but I don't buy that.
I've gone and spliced into those wires you mentioned but they're under the steering column. I sincerely appreciate everyone's suggestions and help with this!
The PKALL seems to have been programmed correctly. I went over it one more time to be sure.
Trying not to get negative about this but I'm starting to think I might have to just uninstall it. It's the only thing on my mind now, even at work, it's driving me nuts. lol.
buddholly 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2011 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I would definetly recommend moving your starter wires to the one I said and disconnecting the (-) starter output all together.  Just to confirm, when you are entering MTS mode you get to the point where you can exit the vehicle, it stays running and you hit lock and it shuts down correct?  Or are you even getting that far?

kaotik78 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2011 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
Yep, I am entering MTS mode, I can exit the vehicle, it will stay running till I hit the lock button, and then the motor shuts off.
The BLACK/ white wire I've tapped into, I've traced it to the second plug in the fuse box so I'm hooking it up at the right location. This wire is also cut with the ignition in/out hooked up.
When I go to engage the remote start it won't even crank, tried pushing on the clutch as well while it's trying to start, nothing, only the gauges move, fuel pump primes and then it shuts off and tries again.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic