icon

2005 Honda Civic Si EP3, Viper 5902

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2011 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  

The motor is supposed to shut off after you exit the vehicle and lock the car. 

What do you mean ignition in/out is hooked up?  I have BLACK / YELLOW in that same plug listed as the correct igntion wire.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2011 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
I think he meant starter in and out, starter is BLACK/ white, ignition BLACK / YELLOW. I'm waiting for the usual question, why is the pink labelled ignition in/out?
By the way isn't there a second ACC on these?
What does the RED / black (not connected) do?
kaotik78 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2011 at 4:44 AM / IP Logged  
The motor does shut off after I've exited the vehicle and locked the car with the remote.
I've got the pink wire on the viper going to the BLACK / YELLOW on the ignition harness.
The BLACK/ red isn't hooked to anything, that's labeled as accessory 2 on some and Ignition 2 on others.
Current info I have taken from an audiovox website. I tested with dmm to verify.
White - Battery
BLACK / YELLOW - Ignition 1
BLACK/ Red - Ignition 2
WHITE/ Red - Accessory 1
BLACK/ White - Starter 1
buddholly 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2011 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
What did you do for a tach wire?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2011 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
Good point but I don't think you can enter manual reservation mode without the tach being recognised. This is either a wiring or by-pass problem. Have we tried to get an R/S with the key in the ignition?
buddholly 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2011 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
The tach wire was just a thought...Does the viper actually recognize the tach signal if the vehicle was started with the key or key take over has been performed though? Considering the vehicle is already running...just throwing it out there.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2011 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
OP seems to be doing the right things apart from the clutch switch but hey, never seen a clutch switch in Europe! (Maybe locally built small Toyotas).
He's left out ACC 2 but I don't think that's relevant to actually starting.
If it can be tried with the key in the ignition we'll eliminate poor wiring and that leaves us with the by-pass. But there again, not enough in Europe, so I chip -em! But it doesn't matter because the alarms we install have multi-cuts.
Unfortunately as wit5h most Civic owners the OP doesn't appear to be listening, I told him how to kill the useless factory alarm, which was his original reason for posting, a week ago and no acknowledgement.
We tell him one thing he does something else!
kaotik78 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2011 at 5:34 AM / IP Logged  
I've tried to remote start with the key left in the ignition, it won't start. Same result, the gauges come on, fuel pump primes but no cranking.
I've disconnected the factory alarm system. Since the unit in my Si does not have a disarm/arm wire this was the only option available to me.
With regard to the clutch switch and the ignition wire in the fuse box. This wire comes directly from the top left harness and goes directly into the steering column, ignition barrel. I've tapped into this. I would still believe I need a clutch bypass for this to work, which is why I used the purple 200ma (-) output. The second switch is for the Cruise control, I've tested this and the switch I have is the correct clutch switch.
The PKALL unit I have is connected D2D, I've checked to make sure the jumpers on my 5902 are set correctly for an external D2D module. I have the Blue/white wire from the PKALL connected directly to the blue/white wire on the 18 pin 5902 harness. I'm wondering now if I have to use w2w now instead, but I'm not certain seeing how the remote start won't work with the key in the ignition either.
Howie I'm not sure if this will help or not, but my car is the equivelant of the 2005 UKDM Ep3 Civic Type-R. And I appologize, I did not mention that I had to disconnect the alarm from under the dash because mine did not have an arm/disarm wire.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2011 at 6:47 AM / IP Logged  
Yes don't worry it's just that I find it easier with the UK version to simply remove that unit and wire your new alarm part (not the RS) into the leads on that plug.
I thought they would be the same.
OK It doesn't start with the key in.
Not the by-pass then.
With the key in ignition position, making sure you're out of gear (in neutral) can you start the car by joining a lead to the white and flashing it to the unit's H1 violet?
kaotik78 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2011 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I can start the car by joining the H1 violet wire to the white wire.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic