icon

2006 jeep grand cherokee rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ffyter 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2011 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
Hey folks, I need some help. I am installing a remote start in a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I am using a DB-ALL bypass from directed and a 1272 ultra starter. I am confused by the bypass instructions as I will be doing everything via wire to wire. Directions show that I have to connect starter and ignition to the bypass from the rs unit. is this all the ignition, starter, and accessory wires that I have to connect (2) or do I have to connect them to the vehicle as well?
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2011 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
If you take the time to do a nice bench prep, you can tie your dball wires(start and ignition) into the heavy gauge on the remote start, then just run those to the vehicles ignition switch.  You will also have to catch the mux wire at the igniton switch.  You will also catch the can wires at the immobilizer plug which is adjacent to the ignition switch.  Those wires are a bit of a pain to get at but take your time and it will go alright.   I highly recommend soldering them so you never have to go back in there for a bad connection/splice. 
Advanced
ffyter 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2011 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
Your clarification makes perfect sense. Thank you! This should be a fairly quick install. One other question. Others on the forum have either not done the parking light hook up or have tied into the hazards for this vehicle. Any ideas about this?
ffyter 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2011 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
Forgot to ask if I should get power directly from battery or grab the 20 amp wire at the ignition and swap out the fuses in the power leads from the rs for 20 amp ones? What type of amperage does a rs draw anyway?
dasbogie 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2011 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
Directechs canada lists RED / green in the top plug at the fuse box for juice.  I've used it before without incident.
Advanced
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,786
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2011 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a bit of info from copied from another post concerning the Jeep Grand Cherokee Parking Lights :

Jeep Parking Lights:

Straight negative at Pin 1 of the parking light relay at the IPM under the hood.  To test the connection, remove the relay and test for a ground signal in the relay socket of the IPM when turning on the parking lights. Solder a thin gauge wire to directly to the pin of the relay and you are good to go. You cannot use Positive lights because the relay rests at ground. There is no negative wire in the car because the lights are turned on from the switch via data. We've been doing the "relay" trick since the '99 jeep cherokee came out.

Soldering is fun!
samuraibuddha 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
I am doing an alarm/remote start system, viper 5901, in 2006 Jeep Grand, dball interface. everything works except for the remote start... have T harness for dball, PURPLE / brown wire connected to key side of mux wire, relays with 560ohm and 180ohm resistors connected to carside of mux wire (per Directed Document 1084, operated from the negative Accessory and Start wires off the 5-pin "remote start auxiliary" harness of 5901), the start and ignition wires from H3 harness (remote start heavy gauge on 5901) are connected to the corresponding wires on ignition harness (pink/lt.green and pink/orange), and all three Red wires on H3 are connected to 12+... valet switch plugged into 5901 not dball, grounded hood-pin switch and grounded neutral safety switch...
when I plug in the dball (freshly flashed and reset), I get red light, insert key and turn to accessory, orange blinking light, turn key to on, green blinking light, but green blinking light does not go solid...
If anyone can see a problem with any of these connections or know something I missed, please help!!?!? It would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
Those resisters on the NEG wires...they won't overcome the resistance, you might need relays.
samuraibuddha 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
2006 jeep grand cherokee rs -- posted image.
I did use relays, like the pic shows... thanks for responding, amazed it was that fast!
dasbogie 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
If you are using dball, then all you need to follow is the dball guide. There are no relays/resistor required for mux wire because dball takes care of it.
Advanced
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic