icon

95 civic 4dr clifford 50.7x defog

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cj10488 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2011 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
If it does it is faster than my fluke can pick up any significant voltage drop. Looking at the diagram it shows that blk/yel should be hot all the time with key on
James
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2011 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

Well I guess you could use the blue / YELLOW wire with a relay.  Can you find the blue / YELLOW wire for the defrost in the drivers kick panel or the drivers door sill?

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
cj10488 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2011 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
I have the blu/yel wire at the switch. That I was wanting to use.
cj10488 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2011 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
Due to my testing am I thinking right that since my alarm has a 200mA neg output for the defrost and my testing on that wire that I would need to convert my neg output into a pos output via relay and all should work? Its been a while and trying to think after work is almost a no go in most situations as of late in my old age.
James
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2011 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
Does the voltage on the blue / YELLOW atay at 13.5 volts constant after the defrost switch is pressed?
smokeman1 
Posted: November 30, 2011 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
Looking at you wiring diagram, if that blue / YELLOW stays at 13.5 volts, you should be able to use a relay to power up that wire to trigger your defrost relay. Need to set your 2nd status wire on latched mode. Menu 3, item 11, will stay on for 10 minuets. 
cj10488 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2011 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
As far as I can tell. I didn't sit there for too long but imo long enough that I would have seen a pulse signal.   From what I can understand pressing g the switch sends 12v thru to the blu/yel wire for the predetermined time setup inside the switch then unlatches the 12v feed to the factory relay.   If my thinking is correct then I need to change the negative output from the alarm into a positive output and I should be golden from that point.
There isn't much information out on the web about remote starts and the defog option on the 92-95 civic lol
Thanks again,
James
smokeman1 
Posted: November 30, 2011 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
I would wire up a relay with the 86 pin to the vehicle ignition, pin 85 to the blue/white 200ma (-), Pin 87 to 12 volts and pin 30 to the blue / YELLOW going to the defrost relay.
cj10488 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2011 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
Wouldn't it be this diagram? https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram8.html. this is for converting a negative alarm output to a positive output and is different than what you recommended
Thanks again
James
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2011 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  
prevents extra current draw, and it will only with with the ignition on. same idea just a more bullet proof way to prevent unwanted draw if the car is not running.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic