icon

2007 chevy cobalt remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jgerard81 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2011 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, I am trying to install a remote start/alarm/keyless entry on a 2007 Chevy Cobalt LS, 4 door. I was able to install everything without a problem except the remote start. I am using the key in the box bypass (556U) with ICBM 7071 remote start. If anyone has a few minutes to share the relay and resister diagram with me for this car I would be for ever greatfull! And do I have to do the accessory drop out circuit along with resister & relay? Thank you in andvance..
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2011 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  

Here is the Passlock2 diagram  :  http://documents.audiovox.com/700122.pdf

Not familiar with the R/S unit you are using but most quality brands do drop the Accessory output when the Starter output goes positive.

Soldering is fun!
jgerard81 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2011 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for for posting that diagram. The 2007 Cobalt uses the passkey 3 system. Do you know if this diagram would work on passkey 3? I know the diagram shows a 4 wire ignition, but mine has a 5 wire ignition. Thank you again for your help
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2011 at 4:43 AM / IP Logged  

Ooopps, sorry.  They did change to all PK3+ in 2007.  Here is a link to the DEI Tech Tip 1606  :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=528     ( I usually use an iDatalink bypass module on PK3+ vehicles for the extra features, never tried it this way. )

Here is a link to the DEI wire guide :  http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp?make=Chevrolet&model=Cobalt

Here is another link to some good info on the Cobalt  :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=717   It's listed as covering the 2005 - 2007 models but it shows the 2005 model.

Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2011 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  
for what its worth, just get a data bypass and you wont have to worry about failed remote start attempts.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
jgerard81 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2011 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
I know there are a lot easiers ways to do this. This is the first key in the box unit i have ever tried to install. The 556u will most likly be replaced by PKUCG2X after I am sure i know how to use the key in box. Thank you again kreg357 for taking the time to help other people!
kreg357 
Posted: December 01, 2011 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  

If you get an un-cut PK3 Circle + key you can leave it un-cut and program it with a remote start at the proper time.  A little safer that way.  There are a number of vehicles that the "key in the box" is the only way to do it.

Soldering is fun!
jgerard81 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2011 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
A lot of diagrams show to use the correct resister on the WHITE/ black wire, but the one of 556u does not show to use a resister. Does the antenna loop provide the resister value from the key? And thank you for confirming that I don't have to have the new key cut. I was wondering if blank key could be programmed to the car through the antenna loop.
kreg357 
Posted: December 01, 2011 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
The DEI 556UW will only bypass the transponder ( PK3 ) portion of the immobilizer.  It will not bypass the Passlock2 ( resistor ) part of the system. 
Soldering is fun!
jgerard81 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2011 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
So basically the Ion/Cobalt diagram you linked in your first reply would have been the right one to use? The relay in the 556u diagram is the same as one of the relays in the Ion/Cobalt diagram with the exception on 3rd ignition (-) which I would think would serve the same purpose as (-) when remote start wire? And the other relay looks like it should work as well.
Thanks for answering all my noob questions. Tons of help!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic