the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 chevy cobalt remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2011 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
the bypass will need to turn on prior to ignition, it might work with for this car using that 3rd ignition. does the unit you have offer a status out or gwr?
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
jgerard81 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2011 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
The remote start I am using does have a (-) bypass output when remote start. That should serve the same purpose as a (-) 3rd ignition right? It should just ground the relays and bypass modual only during remote start.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2011 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
use the (-) bypass output for the bypass, and use the 3rd ignition for your addition ignition wires if you need it. down the road if you have problems, you can diagnose it more easily.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
jgerard81 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2011 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know if I used DEI dlpk with 2007 cobalt. Does the accessory wire from remote start need to be connected to car also? The diagram shows to connect the accessory wire from bypass to car. So would the bypass unit power the acc wire in car? My remote start does not drop accessory power when starting. If acc from R/S does connect to car & I use a relay to drop power during start would acc from bypass connect before or after relay?
Sorry if this sounds like I am confused.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2011 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
what starter are you using? Are you sure it isn't a programming option??? If not, then I would connect the bypass after the relay so that the bypass sees the drop as well.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
jgerard81 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2011 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
So I decided not to use the DLPK. Instead I'm using DB-ALL (GM5 firmware, W2W). When I programmed the bypass the led light on the bypass did everything the instructions said it would to indicate it programmed correctly. When I try to activate the remote start everything acts like it going to start. The parking lights flash, headlights come on, radio and all dash lights come. But the engine never tries to crank. I was just wondering if there could be something I am missing, or what could cause everything to start working but never turn over? The remote start I'm using is Performance-Teknique ICBM 7071.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2011 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
Post up how you wired up the acc drop circuit. the remote starter should drop the acc. automatically, but its possible the starter you have doesn't drop it. Test the acc wire while remote starting it and make sure it is dropping voltage during what would be the cranking period.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
jseibold 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2011 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
I have done 3 Cobalts within the last month....I have used the DB-ALL bypass module flashed with the GM5 firmware and it has worked flawlessly every time.  The module runs me just short of $70 from my distributor, but the time and convenience it saves makes up for the cost.  No "extra key to bury", no relays at all, and definitely no resistors are needed.  You should check it out.
jseibold 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2011 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
I apologize for my previous post as I did not read far enough along to see that you are indeed using the DB-ALL.  Are you sure that it has been flashed with the correct firmware (which is GM5)?  You may be making the same mistake I did when I used one for the first time....Since it's a DB-"ALL" I assumed it would work right out of the box but it did not.   After researching a little bit, I found out that the DB-ALL comes preloaded with one version of Chrysler firmware but that's it.  I had to buy an XK-Loader2 and flash it myself with the firmware that I needed.  Once I did that it worked perfectly.
jgerard81 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2011 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
I am using the DB-ALL bypass mod. For some reason i just cant get the car to start. Everything comes on like it is going to start but the engine just never does crank over. The DB-ALL's LED light flashed according to the instructions to show it programmed correctly. I have tested the break wire to make sure it never shows volts during RS. I have tesed all door triggers with door open & closed, hood & trunk same way. I also tested each door 1 @ time, hood & trunk too with the query button on my key fob. They all show open when they are open & closed when they are closed. Is there another place I can connect the tach wire other than a fuel injector? The RS says I can use rpm signal or constant +12v power. It also says the tach is self learning. No way to program the tach. I have checked to make sure it is not in diesel mode, & the only way to put it into manual trans mode it to cut a loop on outside of unit. I have also wired in a relay for an accessory drop-out circuit. still no luck. I am lost here.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic