the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2009 vibe remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  

Depends, are using the Yellow (+) Parking Light output already?  You only need

to connect one & it's your choice.  Here are the vehicles Parking Light connections from Bulldog.

PARKING LIGHTS ( - )    BROWN (-)    @ VEHICLE LIGHT SWITCH

PARKING LIGHTS ( + )   GREEN (+)    @ FUSEBOX ,UNDER DASH, PIN 29, WHITE 30-PIN PLUG (A)

If you don't use this wire, insulated it and secure it out of the way.

Soldering is fun!
rnorman3 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
OK. However I don't think this thin 22AWG yellow/white parking lights output(-) wire serves the same purpose as the heavy gauge yellow parking lights + wire coming from a different harness. This yellow/white seems to be more of a logic level output, perhaps for a different car model?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
The (+) Parking Light output of a remote starter is generally rated at 10 Amps while the (-) Parking Light output is usually only 200mA.  On most cars the (+) Parking Light wire does flow a few amps while the cars' (-) Parking Light wire only triggers a relay ( ~90mA ).
Soldering is fun!
rnorman3 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
I figured it would be something like that... Hey check this picture out, it's the output from my TACH (grey wire on the diagnostics connector). I setup the remote starter on the bench to test. All seemed to be working ok. I figured if I injected this same signal (using frequency generator) into the TACH-AC (purple wire of the remote start) (after pressing the start button on the remote) the R/S would disengage the start and ignition wires (i.e. bring them to low) but this did not happen. Instead the R/S continues to supply +12V on the STARTER and IGN wires until the preset time expires and it tries again. If this condition were present when I connected the R/S to the vehicle the starter would just run on until the timer expires even if the car started I believe...
Question: Is it the TACH wire reaching some pre-set frequency (in this case like 30Hz or so) only that tells the R/S the vehicle is started and then to bring the STARTER wire to low?
2009 vibe remote start - Page 3 -- posted image.
2009 Pontiac Vibe TACH
rnorman3 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
OK, got it now for sure. I didn't even know I was supposed to program the TACH using the remote starter so it would recognize the signal. After I did that it all worked good.   I've simulated the entire operation of the unit on the bench...without the xpresskit that is. I'm ready to install!!
rnorman3 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2011 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
Hi again all. I'm in the process of putting this in the Vibe 2009 now. I got the ignition wires exposed. From the wiring instructions I have from "http://www.S P A M.com/2009-pontiac-vibe-keyless-entry-starter-wiring-guide/" is says the green and brown are for the two ignition wires:
Vehicle Ignition Wire (+): Green
Vehicle Ignition Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Vehicle Second Ignition Wire (+): Brown
Vehicle Second Ignition Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
In the picture below, are these the brown and green wires they are referring to? (the ones with the red arrows going to them).
Thanks,
rnorman3 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2011 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
Hi all, I have another thread as well with slightly different question. This one's easy...where is the ignition harness? Some threads specify wire colors for the 2009 Vibe that I can't find up around where the key goes in which is what I thought would have been the ignition harness. Here's two pictures, I'm looking for the two ignition wires and the two starter wires.
Which from another post: "https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=115947" are:
Battery BLUE & RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 1 GREEN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 2 BROWN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Accessory 1 GRAY (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter 1 WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter 2 BLACK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
rnorman3 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2012 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all your help. I managed to figure out the rest of the stuff on my own...I got the starter installed and it works (as long as the key is in the ignition because I'm still waiting on my XpressKit PKALL). Some of the wiring diagrams and info here didn't apply to my Canadian version of the 2009 Vibe so I'm putting a pictorial on the site for anyone wanting to do the same install.
Thanks,
RN - NEWFIE
charley b 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2012 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
I need help setting up one of these remote starters in a 1996 toyota corolla sedan with automatic transmission...Help greatly appreciated
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic