icon

add on remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
specs 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2011 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all...looking for some assistance in choosing an add-on remote start module for a 2005 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T Tiptronic. Thinking of either the Avital 4003 or the Prestige AS9076C, as I just want to use my factory keyless entry transmitter....any opinions on either of these two choices? Also, what would be the best bypass to use in this application? I'm not able to use remote door lock/unlock when the vehicle is running, is there a bypass that will get around this? Would the DLPK work here, without me having to give up a key? Thanks in advance for any input on this.......Al
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 10, 2011 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
I can't think of any bypass that gets the factory keyless to work with the car running, and I'm 100% sure you'll have to give up a key.
You could try an Avital 4113....it's a single-button unit that does start and unlock, but also has an activation input so you can trigger it with your factory keyless. That way, you can use it either way, and if you change your mind you don't have to re-do your install: Press lock twice (or three times) on factory keyless to start, or carry the 1-button if you want.
The Audiovox AS9233ST can do the same thing, but costs more, because it adds an alarm too.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2011 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
And if you have to give up a key use a valet key, programmed by an Audi dealer and a 556UW wired European fashion as per the instructions.
I just remembered there's a trick to override the locking system with engine running but it means the vehicle will be deadlocked in that state so I won't.
specs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2011 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the quick replies guys.....as far as the keyless entry not working when the vehicle is under remote start, I think I can live with that....just have to use the key to access the vehicle, right? The only place I need the remote start is in the garage at home or out the back door at work so the diminished range of the factory remote is not a problem....and I can live with having to unlock the door with the key when I go to leave. As far as having to give up a key, wouldn't the DLPK or the Fortin EVO-CAN get around this....or am I missing something here?......Al
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2011 at 2:14 AM / IP Logged  
You effectively need a by-pass to overcome the factory immobiliser (and I'd like to get my hands on the German designer/politician who in the 80s decided cars would need them) and a CAN unit to take care of locks, windows, triggers etc. One vehicle you almost HAVE to do D2D.
Having said that, left hand rear under the light fitting is the factory lock/alarm combi, might be worth while obtaining a wiring diagram for it and experimenting.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2011 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I was thinking of the A3, it's in the right hand rear section on the A4.
specs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2011 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the further information on this Howie....gonna do a bit more research on this before I proceed. Any opinions on either of the bypass kits mentioned in my post above this.......thanks again, Al
graywire 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2011 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

Hello, I just installed a Python 413 remote starter as add on to an alarm in a 2001 Dodge Neon for my nephew, when he bought this car it had an automate 435 alarm (no power locks, no power windows, no trunk release) everything manual. Remote start works with the Python remote or with the trunk release from the automate remote connected to activation input in the  python 413. The problem is: the alarm has to be disarmed before remote start or it will go off.

I have checked the automate 435 installation manual and I can't find an alarm disarm wire. Does he have to disarm every time he wants to remote start his car or is there another way to disarm this system using the disarm wire from the 413? I disconected the ignition wire of the alarm and connected it to ignition output of the 413 as the installation manual says but no luck. Thanks.

Millenium Chevy Impala.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2011 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
To the last poster, unfortunately no!
graywire 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2011 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks howie II, I guess I'm gonna have to remove the alarm and install actuators for the door locks and use lock/unlock on the Python 413 remote. I can also use the siren as lock/ unlock chirp instead of the horn.
Millenium Chevy Impala.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic