icon

door lock wire color on 2009 mazda5

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
twintrbo 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
Got the locks working today. I had to reverse the wires though, the diode went on the green, not the blue. I can't understand because its the reverse of what I thought was right. It works now so I wont stress out about it. Now for the kicker, my door pin works backwards. I hooked the green on the R/S to the blue/black at the driver kick and it only arms with the door open. The wire should be a (-) N.C. But its not, I get voltage with the door closed. tomorrow I'm going to pull the switch on the rear door to check the color. Is it possible the color code is wrong?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
Ford and Mazda both suffer this problem, there might be a note (NC door triggers) in your programming, otherwise look it up in the Manuals/Downloads section. I posted it (the fix) a couple of weeks ago.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
Ford tectip 1921 and someone else entered it before me!
Mazda 2 = Ford Fiesta
Mazda 3 = Ford Focus
Mazda 6 = Ford Mondeo (Europe), Edge (US).
twintrbo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
As far as I know, my car doesn't work the same as that. I think the 2008-2010 use a simplified system. I got my info from Bulldog security, the 2006-7 list the individual wire colors for each door and the 2008-10 list only one color and no notes about diodes.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 1:59 AM / IP Logged  
Very simple, meter that trigger if when door is shut it should either read 12v+ or open circuit.
When door is opened 0v.
That's the normal method NC closed,ground on open.
If you have the reverse, i.e. ground on closed then that tech tip is for you.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  
I just checked it out on Directwire, that tech tip is the only way to go.
twintrbo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  
I tested it and I got 12v with the door open and .2v with the door closed. I guess I qualify for the tech tip. Thats unfortunate though because they dont list the other colors for the other doors. The 2007 5 has the same color for the driver door so I will see if the color code matches for the rest. It seems whenever I try to do this kind of stuff, I run into a problem no one knows about or I got bad info somewhere. If I knew I was going to have this much trouble, I could have gotten a DB-ALL instead. DEI said I needed a programmer to use it though so I didn't go for it. I even asked them what they recommended on live chat and I got zero help. I'm off to go finish this thing up, wish me luck!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
any bypass would have done the same. only some mazda models use data.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
twintrbo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
I punked out and went to an installer for the trigger pins. Im very ashamed but a third day of laying outside in the cold, in the street, was not appealing anymore. I paid $60 and he ran the siren for me, door pin, hatch pin, and hood pin. I was surprised to find he hooked the door trigger to the domelight wire. If I knew I could have done that, I would have done it myself. Its all back together and works great. My only question now is that it locks passively but I dont get confirmation on the 2 way remote, is that normal? It shows it still unlocked even though it obviously is until I hit the lock button myself.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
i was going to suggest domelight, but its a poor way of doing triggers on the newer vehicles.
it works, and its NOT wrong. just you dont get instant triggers. there is a slight delay, and it can cause false alarms on some cars.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic