icon

2006 mustang, avital 4103

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ddsmith60 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2011 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  

I bought my wife an Avital 4103LXL remote start system and will be using a PKALL transponder bypass. While doing the research for the install I have come up with a question regarding the OEM keyless entry and door lock control. I plan on ditching the original key fobs for the Avital ones and just wanted to make sure that it intergrates the way I expect. Looking at the 12volt.com 2006 Mustang wiring it shows the door power lock as SJB, blk 26 pin plug, pin 3 or 8. Looking at the factory manual this appears to operate the door lock for one door per pin. The OEM key fob operates both locks and sets the security with the door lock push button. One push for lock and second push for security. In looking at the factory arm and disarm. It says DRIV DR SET SW/LOCK/ for pin 18 and DRIV DR DISARM SW/UNLOCK. The 12volt.com says these are the connections for factory alarm arm and disarm. Does this also cause the doors to lock. Maybe it is just the way they show it on the print but it seems to imply that. The Avital unit has outputs for door lock and unlock and also factory alarm arm and disarm. If I hook up the door lock and unlock to only one of the pins called out do I then only get the drivers door unlocked and locked or do I run a relay that is triggered off of the single output to provide the ground to both doors for the lock and unlock to work properly. Sorry for the rambling but I think I have everything else figured out. Any help would be much appreciated.

ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2011 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
I have lock WHITE/ violet and unlock blue/green in harness above harness above the gas pedal.. That will do both of your doors. Just connect your blue and green from the remote start to these wires. Arm factory alarm lt blue/pink and disarm lt blue/black at the smart junction box in passenger kick panel. Use your arm and disarm from your remote start unit.. Hope that helps......
ddsmith60 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2011 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
Okay so either one of the pins/wires will operate the locks on both the driver and passenger doors. I was going to run over to the SJB to hook up but your suggestion is much less of a headache if I can get to the wires above the gas pedal. That is excellent. Now I'm all set for the install on the 26th. Thanks for the reply.
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2011 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
i just did an install on an '07 mustang yesterday. factory alarm arm and disarm will not operate the locks. it doesn't matter which set of lock/unlock wires you use (if you go to teh SJB that is) as long as you have your green to one that locks and blue to one that unlocks. the only difference is that one set of wires comes from the drivers door switch while the other set comes from the passengers door switch
ddsmith60 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2011 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  

Hi All,

I install a Avital 4103LXL and PKALL in a 2006 Ford Mustang with some help from the forum. Everything I have hooked up so far has worked great. The one last thing I was planning on hooking up is the rear defroster. Looking at the wiring diagram it looks like I can pick up the white wire at the SJB and connect it to the H2/5 blue and white wire to get a -200ma output from the unit. That should make up the rear defroster relay and energize the grid. My plan was to have it operate in the original normal configuration which will keep the relay energized when the remote start is running. Does anyone know of any problems with that type of hookup. Thanks in advance for your help.

Don

ddsmith60 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2012 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
Well I got the H2/5 blue and white wire hooked up to the white wire on SJB connector C2280C which is the black 52 pin connector. I have defroster working whenever the remote start is on. That has gone pretty much as planned. I can't seem to get the defroster output to switch on and off from the remote as the owners manual says it should. Oh well, I can live with it being on when not needed. I did run into a little problemn that has me scratching my head. My wife informed me that her key will not start the car. If she uses the remote to start it, it starts fine and she can place the key in the ignition and it continues to run when the remote start turns off. I took my second key out to try it and the car starts fine. So how did the key lose it's ability to communicate with the transponder? Is there a simple fix for that? Hopefully not a trip to the dealer for reprogramming. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Don

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic