icon

Viper 5701 and New 7351v Remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2013 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
My only other suggestion at this point is to try my steps a few more times but only pair the one way remote first then try pairing the 7351 a few more times exiting pairing mode and then going back into pairing mode each time to see if it will pair. If not then you will need to check around at your local stereo shops asking the installers if they have one that is 10D or later that they will swap you even up or for a few bucks, as I'm sure you don't need 3 brains.
I have helped other people with the 7351 issue and they updated the antenna and it worked for them. I would have to believe that if you still can't get it to work then there must be a difference between your non 18 pin and the 18 pin that replaced it in 2008.
And you may need to use the 18-pin to resolve your issue or go with a 7941&7752&7652(1-way)/6711t remotes/antenna combo with your current brain. But all your old LE remotes won't work with the 6711t antenna.
For gaureenteed compatiablity you can use any 18 pin that is 10D or later viper 5601,5701,5901, Python 991,872,1601, Clifford Matrix 50.7x,3.3x,2.2 are all interchangable for the 18pin just shipped with the different antenna and remotes and badged as applicable.
Or you could try one more time with a brain swap but to a 18-pin instead of the non you have. If you can still return the one you bought for an exchange and they are willing to do so. "Be aware that you will need to either rewire the 18 pin portion or swap the current color matching wires from the non 18 pin plugs to the 18-pin plug". The wires can be carefully removed from the plugs and swapped if you take your time and don't break the retaing tabs off in the process.
Hope this helps you to resolve this issue and you post back your results to continue to help others.
Page of 6

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic