icon

what bypass module if any for a 06 f350

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ace_boy2099 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 2006 F350 Super Duty (no chipped Key) and am looking into installing a Compustar alarm to match my 99 F150, (Compustar Pro P2W900FM-AS) and need to know what Bypass module (if any) I need for my vehicle? At glance of Compustars web site I see them advertising fortin, iDataLink, Blade, and (i for got the 4th).

I've looked on Fortins site and they aren't showing anything for a 2006 Ford Superduty, Just 2007+, and I just sent an e-mail to iData but don't know when if at all they will reply (first time looking around for myself). if anyone can give me advice on what to look for or which one is what I need I would appreciate your help with it.

Vehicle looking into installing onto:

2006 Ford F-350 XL

6.0 PowerStrokeTurbo Diesel
I am also looking into a Power Windows, Mirrors, and Locks conversion too. If any one has any info that can help with that too please share.

Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 4:17 AM / IP Logged  
bypass not needed on a '06 Super Duty..did one two weeks ago.
mark
ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  

ok, Thanks for the info. That means all I need is the alarm module itself, It has the provisions for power locks and what not (once I install them) and any add-ons that the alarm company makes for the alarm. Correct?

on a side note, How hard would you say this would be for a first time installer in their driveway? I've done a couple wiring projects just not on this vehicle. Even though I wish I could re-dothe alarm on my 99, Installers just shoved it under the dash and zip tied it down, Wires are a mess.

Again Thanks for you help.

offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
Before tackling a remote start you have to ask yourself 2 questions.
1) Do you own a decent DMM and know how to use it?
2) Have you done other installs and are you confident on your knowledge with a vehicle's 12v system?
If the answer to either question is "No", then you are better off finding someone to do it. But make sure to do your research so you don't get a hack installer who doesn't care.
If the answer is "yes" to both questions then dive right in but make sure to test each and every wire. And we are always here if you need some help along the way.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  

1. I'm sure I can find one. and figure it out

2. Other Installs? In general Yes, I've installed many a things on vehicles, Strobes, Stereos, Sub system etc. Install Car alarms, No, This will be my first. Am I confident, Yes, I believe I can do it, Just need to know what all I need for my application.

While On the topic some pre-purchase research, Does anyone have a diagram/list of wire colors and locations needed during an alarm install (I will check around the site after I send this to see if one is here but I am only expecting to find maybe a color chart or something like that.

Thanks to all who have and will help/assist me with this.

ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2012 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  

OK, Since I can't edit my post I will have to do it this way. I found a listing on the site with wire colors and locations, Only thing is it is for a 2006 F250, I'm sure it would be but I want to double check with you guys if you know wether it is the same for the F350?

Ween 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2012 at 5:00 AM / IP Logged  
it's the same
ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2012 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  

OK, Quick question for you guys, (anyone who has installed an alarm in one pf these trucks).

Where have you put the brain boxes and what did you have to do to make it work? I went out to the truck today to try and pre-plan where I want to put what and I came up with 2 ideas for the brain box/control madule (whatever you want to call it) one is under the dash about middle truck (approx behind radio), and the other is on a piece of sheet metal screwed to the back wall behind the carpet, However for this I will need to expand ALL the wiring to reach the front, and possibly even get an antenna extension.

Incase I decide to go the back wall route, Does anyone know of a place to get CHEAP wiring??? if not online somewhere close to the Holiday, New Port Richey, Port Richey, Hudson area in Pasco Florida?

Thanks in advance,

Ace_boy2099

Ween 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2012 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
hi,
if you remove/reposition the interior fuse box (4- 10mm headed screws), there is a brace you can fasten the alarm/remote start module to using cable ties.
route the wiring upwards, follow how the factory lays their wiring. fasten your harness to theirs.
most of your remote start wiring (ignition switch, lights, horn) is available at the back of the fuse box also.
mark
ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2012 at 4:11 AM / IP Logged  

OK, I started this yesterday and here is basically what I have done or planned, If anyone can chime in and give help or advice on where to connect what (and if what I have seems good to your knowledge), I would be appreciative. I am also using the wiring info from here for the 2006 F250 for my F350 but some of the terminology has me thinking "is this right?"

I'm still working on it, But don't want to have the truck down (too long at a time) while installing.

[IMG=https://img818.imageshack.us/img818/8562/wiringlayout1modifiedfo.jpg">[/IMG">

Uploaded with ImageShack.us I can't get a Thumbnail here so here is the link to the pic on imageshack

For CN3- P9/P15, I am considering trying to put some kind of light ring around the keyholes of the handles and was thinking if this could do it when I unlock/Disarm the truck, it would turn on the key hole light rings, I'm not sure if this would do that though, any ideas?

Another question I had was seeing how the antenna for this setup is on the 6-Pin wire and my OP500 is of the 4-Pin variation, Would it hurt the controll box if I had a "dead" wire from the 4-Pin antenna for programming purposes in while the antenna was on the 6-Pin wire? ( I can upload the other 1/2 of this diagram if anyone wants to see it.)

Thanks in advance for your help on this, and thanks to those that have helped already too.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic