icon

2012 nissan rogue, remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mustyk@att.net 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
Has anybody been able to SUCCESFULLY install a remote start in a 2012 Nissan Rogue WITH intelli-key? idatalink does not offer up a solution for that particular vehicle. AND apparently 2011 is NOT the same. 
thetopinstaller
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
Have you looked into the Fortin bypasses? I had great success with their Evo-All on a 2010 Altima.
https://ifar.ca/en/vehicles/nissan/rogue/2012-intelligent-key/
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

Fortin does list it with the EVO-ALL.  They group the 2008 - 2012 Rogue together with the same wire connections, colors and locations.

Here is a picture of an early 2011 Rogue ignition connector to see if that is the same :

2012 nissan rogue, remote starter -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I have done the install with the IdataLink and with the Fortin EVO-Can with the 4.0 Firmware. The Idatalink took me about 2 hours, the Fortin took me 1 Hour. The Fortin was a nice install, TX/RX on top of the ignition cylinder, Keysense wires around the back of the ignition switch, CAN wires in a nice long harness that goes to the OBD connection. In the drivers Kick Panel is two big white junctions. In the lower junction connection at the top left of the junction connection is the drivers door pin(white). In the top one, towards the top was Positive Parking Lights(RED). You can also find Positive Parking Lights at any of the Lighted dash switches, same color(RED). Ignition wires are shown in the above post.
For Disassembly, you'll need a Torx screwdriver. I think T-20??
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2012 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  

Sounds the same.  Here is a picture of the Red (+) Parking Light wire  in the White upper plug in the DKP mentioned by Mr flobee4 :

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2012 at 2:42 AM / IP Logged  
Kreg is this uncanny, I thought I was the only person to have a croc clip on the black probe of my DMM!!
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2012 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  
I may have you all beat. (although maybe not). On a secondary DMM of mine I hardwired a cigarette lighter plug ground to the lead on my meter. That way I can simply plug it into a cig. lighter plug and have an instant ground that I don't have to worry about coming off. Then if I need to test a ground connection I use either my Blue Point Computer Safe tester or my primary DMM.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kreg357 
Posted: January 05, 2012 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  

Great idea on the cigarette lighter connection, Kenny!  On vehicles with an outlet that stays hot all the time, useful for probe power, too.

Here is my unusual piece of test equipment :

12 volt tone generator that only draws 8.8mA.  The audio output is great for checking the R/S outputs, etc, when your hands and eyes are busy elsewhere.

Soldering is fun!
mustyk@att.net 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2012 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  

Note to HOWIE II:  Thats funny, we here the states call that an "Alligater Clip" LOL. Thanks for all the feedback!! We'll get right back on it!!

thetopinstaller
offroadzj 
Posted: January 05, 2012 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:
Great idea on the cigarette lighter connection, Kenny!  On vehicles with an outlet that stays hot all the time, useful for probe power, too.
Funny you should mention that. I ended up making a quick connector for my blue point probe. Took 2 large alligator clips from an old AC/DC converter, soldered it to about 5' of 12awg speaker wire, then connected a universal female cig. lighter plug on the other end. This way I always have a quick constant power plug for my probe and don't have to worry about having the ignition on to test wires (especially on those vehicles where you have to disconnect airbag plugs, etc)
Sorry to hijack your thread.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic