the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

5103 on ’01 navigator?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
First of all, do yourself a favor and connect the tach. Tach programmed is the most reliable.. especially in climates that change drastically throughout the year (ie the Northeast). And yes, instead of remote starting during the bypass programming, simply jumper power to the ignition wire.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
dubl0vert 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
First of all, do yourself a favor and connect the tach. Tach programmed is the most reliable.. especially in climates that change drastically throughout the year (ie the Northeast). And yes, instead of remote starting during the bypass programming, simply jumper power to the ignition wire.
Will do, may not get to it tonight, might be first thing tomorrow. Do my TX/RX wires look right? I was a little confused if I should have the transmit wire of the PKALL hooked to the recieving wire, or the transmit wire for the PATS system..........I think I've been staring at the wires too long, I'm starting to see spots!
Xtant 3300X
BA Pro Series
JL 10" Thumpers
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
The PKALL install manual should tell you what pins to connect to. I don't know the wiring off the top of my head.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
dubl0vert 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
No luck....still can't get it to program. I even swapped the two PATS leads in case they were wrong. What a PITA! all i get is the solid red light..... I even tried the manual method, still no luck. I've rewired entire cars more easily than this by pass.
Any ideas?
Xtant 3300X
BA Pro Series
JL 10" Thumpers
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
i had the same damn issue. Key override all (same as pkall, as pkall is rebranded KOA from fortin)
I couldnt get the damn thing to program with 2 master keys, tried jumping ignition no go. Switched tx/rx nada. Went to the transponder ring tapped it there and still no go.
I finally got it to program by using a battery tender. Connect the vehicle battery onto a tender, run 2 extra wires to the bypass for power/ground. During program i jumped ignition with a push button, and it programmed beautifully.
The issue in my opinion was the voltage was fine, but during starting the big motor, the voltage drops to 9volts(verified with my dmm on constant 12v), and i guess it throws the bypass out of programming.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
and run tach, its so simple and much more reliable than virtual tach.
tach isn't the easiest to get to, but its fairly accessible. Large harness towards right side of car going into firewall. First large harness on top.
Ted
Compustar Expert
tedmond 
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
actually i just read the post again. the issue is you have a stratec key. that is an aftermarket key that is programmed by cloning the first key.
that will NOT work wot program. you need 2 original Lincoln keys.
Your only option is to use a DEI 556u or Key in a box bypass.
Ted
Compustar Expert
dubl0vert 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
actually i just read the post again. the issue is you have a stratec key. that is an aftermarket key that is programmed by cloning the first key.
that will NOT work wot program. you need 2 original Lincoln keys.
Your only option is to use a DEI 556u or Key in a box bypass.
The key is from the lincoln dealership, is it really a clone? They had the vehicle and original key for a day to make the copy.Ughhhhhhhh
One other problem (oh great!) The alarm locks the car with arming, but doesn't unlock with disarm. do i need to pulse the GEM to make that work? I feel like I've read postings on here where GEM only provides an unlocking issue after a period of time. Mine doesn't unlock even if I haven't locked it..... Any ideas?
Thanks again for the help!
Xtant 3300X
BA Pro Series
JL 10" Thumpers
tedmond 
Posted: January 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
because the key comes from the dealer, it doesn't indicate it was an original key. they prob had some lock smith come and clone the key. the keys are manufactured by strattec, but there is OEM and the STRATTEC branded keys. If your key has a lincoln symbol then its OEM. If it says strattec, the only way to program those are "cloning" with OEM a scantool is required.
the lock and unlock wires are at the keyless entry module. its mounted right towards the firewall, and its the connector to the right if your head is underneath the dash looking at the firewall.
so i had a 98 navigator for start only. the fortin bypass key override all module only requires one key to program and it worked without a problem. i guess your only option now is to sell that PKALL and pick up a fortin piece. Single original key works.heres the install guide
https://ifar.ca/download/1596/preview.html
maybe you can get an update for the pkall?
Ted
Compustar Expert
offroadzj 
Posted: January 12, 2012 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
Well i guess we all learn something new every day... I never knew about the Strattec keys. I'll have to keep that in mind from now on.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic