icon

honda civic del sol, dx370 siren failure

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chgeorge 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so I didn't want to start a new thread......my otional horn honk feature has a separate wire that gives a (-) pulse. It says to connect it to the wire that goes to the horn relay and then to the horn. My question is what wire Should I tap it into?
Here is my wiring diagram: http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/hondatech/2009-09-08_070945_93_Del_Sol_horn_ETM.pdf
I don't have cruise control but its basically the same thing. Remember the wire from the alarm gives a negative pulse.
Thanks so much everyone.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
Connect directly to grey-blue green, steering column loom.
chgeorge 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2012 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
Awesome, thanks so much.
Might as well ask my other questions so I don't fry anything.
1) Also, it says it has an output for a 'windows roll up (-)' feature. According to your wiring info, that would be the Blue/red (LF) and blue / YELLOW (RF). How could I make it so it just runs off of that one output?
There's also the rear window but the wire isn't listed. Off to the electrical book...
2) There is also another output that could be connected to a realy (which was wired and included with the alarm). then the 'starter solenoid wire' should be cut and the other two wires should connect to those two points to fill that gap. What's the point of this? and which wire should I cut? is the starter solenoid wire just the starter wire (BLACK / YELLOW)?   This may be a simple question...sorry if it is.
3) You guys are so helpful. Thank you so much :)
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2012 at 4:54 AM / IP Logged  
Q 1: You need a window closer or 2 including the rears to either close the windows after arming the alarm or close and vent, e.g. DEI 529t x 2 for closing, or 530t x 2 for close and vent.
These work off an GWA output but since you haven't mentioned the alarm I can't tell you what wire that is.
Q2: The relay is a starter cut, you cut the BLACK/ white* and connect the switch side to 87a, starter motor to 30, ignition input to 86 and again the GWA wire goes to 85.
*You must test everything, no point going "off to the electrical book" if you don't test to verify.
To be brutally frank, I'm wondering whether or not you should pay for professional help on what is or should be a really simple install.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2012 at 4:59 AM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry is DX370 the alarm? Never heard of it and what year is the Honda? 93?
chgeorge 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2012 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
Its a 1994 honda del sol and the alarm is a cheapo $30 one off amazon. I'm testing everything now and have been after that horn blowout. After doing that with the horn I wanted to make sure I wouldn't do it with anything else.
I admit this is my first time really dealing with the electrical wires that aren't related to the stereo. Its my first car and I'm learning about it as a go. I've already learned how to drop a transmission, complete brake change, stereo rewire etc. Therefore I don't want a shop to do this because like you said, it "is or should be a simple install".
As far as the components for the window roll up, I have 2 front windows and only one rear (its a del sol). So I assume I still need 2 of those guys?
Thanks,
Christian
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2012 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
Yes and may I point out that alarm/RS work has absolutely NOTHING to do with any of the above mentioned activities?
Also the UK version needed an actuator in the driver's door, not sure if the US version needed it.
You will need a separate closer for the rear window.
Cynical point of view based on many years of experience, if it's a $30 alarm it won't work!
chgeorge 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2012 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
I know none of the activities are related to wiring for an alarm. I'm saying that I want to know my car inside and out so naturally I want to do it myself so I can learn that aspect of my car.
To be honest, I'm 18 and most people my age don't give a crap about cars or the mechanics behind it. I do. They'd rather pay someone to do it for them. and that's great if the alarm doesn't work. I just wanted it for the lock and unlock for the doors and if I fried something (like a horn output) I could just replace it and not feel bad haha.
Thanks for your help so far though.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2012 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
The biggest problem with cheap alarms is usually false alarms. Basically the thing will constantly go off unexpectedly and really wiz off your neighbors. Yes you will need 2 window roll up modules... and be fore-warned, the window modules are not a simple install and one bad connection can fry your power window switch or possibly even more.
With that said, if you want to go forward on your own then good for you... but make sure you are extremely careful and test everything twice. We can help you where you need it.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
chgeorge 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2012 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you. At this point I don't feel too comfortable with the windows so I'm going to just wait on those. Its my car that I fully bought, pay insurance on and everything so I know if I fry something then, hey, its my fault and I learn from it haha.
As far as everything else, the alarm , parking lights, horn, starter cutoff all work. I'm just about to start wiring the relays for the doors.
I'll keep you posted.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic