the12volt.com spacer
icon

Easycar E7b, 2010 Kia Forte

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
genexis 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2012 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote genexis
I'm not able to get any support from the vendor now, Chinese New Year period. Most are closed for business for 1 week plus. Anybody here with experience with easycar e7b able to give some advice?
Thanks!
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2012 at 5:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote offroadzj
Unfortunately I have no experience with that starter (nor have I ever heard of it), but I would just cut your loses and get a good aftermarket unit.... otherwise you may be running in circles for who knows how long.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
genexis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2012 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote genexis
Hi all,
Just an update to all, i've manage to figure the issue after consulting some local installers who have experience with this alarm. It turns out that i need to set the code for the knock pad first, before it will work.
The alarm is working well now, except for a few minor issues which i think i'll be able to solve. I'm also looking for the parking brake wire for Forte 1.6L 2010 model, if anybody knows where ic an find it, pls do let me know ;)
If anybody needs advise on how to wire this alarm, i'll be glad to share :)
genexis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2012 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote genexis
Hi all,
I'm in the midst of wiring the push start for my car, and i need to wire the parking brake to it. For now, i'm connecting the wire to GND, and the push start works. However, it would be better if i am able to find the wire for the parking brake. Can anybody tell me where can i find this wire? it is not found in the wiring table available in this site. The one stated is the same as the foot brake, which is not the one im looking for.
THanks in advance :)
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2012 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
parking brake - BLUE (-) white 20 pin plug, rear of dash fuse box
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
genexis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2012 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote genexis
Hi
Thanks for the reply. But it seems that this is the same wire for the brake lights? Which means that it is actually the same as
Foot brake? I'm looking for a separate wire for parking brake.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2012 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
they are 2 entirely different circuits...
the foot brake is POSITIVE white or black in DKP gray 39 pin plug
the emergency/parking/hand brake is NEGATIVE BLUE (-) white 20 pin plug, rear of dash fuse box
if you are unable to differentiate between the two, have an installer finish the install for you.
Ted
Compustar Expert
genexis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2012 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote genexis
Hi Tedmond,
Thanks for the clarification, i was puzzled by the information in this thread: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~116296
I guess i was wrong that i assumed the brake lights = foot brake. I'm glad that you were able to help me sort this out :)
Btw, Where can i get your version of wiring for Kia forte?
tedmond 
Posted: February 05, 2012 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
the brake lights is your brake pedal.
the emergency brake is the one you pull with your hand, or step on (to far left of kick panel)
my wiring is from installogy, which is for dealers only unfortunately.
Ted
Compustar Expert
genexis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2012 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote genexis

Thanks for clarifying.

I'll try to probe the following wires over the weekend:

1) Foot Brake: (+) white or black in DKP gray 39 pin plug

2) Parking Brake (-) BLUE white 20 pin plug, rear of dash fuse box

Thanks again :)

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic