icon

'05 altima remote start issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blue5oh 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2012 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
Hello. First, thank you again for the correct wiring of the second starter wire. I did hook it up, but the remote start is still not working. I am getting an icon on the 2 way remote stating that, "The remote start safety shut down icon indicates the vehicle may be in gear or other unsafe conditions inhibiting remote start operation." I should also note that this was also coming up before, when the wires were incorrect. I figured it was because of the wrong wiring. Anyone help on this one? I assure the car is not in gear and will start fine when using the key. Thanks again, you guys have been life savers so far.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 3:31 AM / IP Logged  
Try running Shutdown Diagnostics.  Not familiar with Python but it sounds like the Neutral Safety or Hood Pin wire issue.
Soldering is fun!
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged  
yea, sounds like a neutral safety switch or hood pin. Is your BLACK/ white wire connected to ground? Is the gray wire connected to a hoodpin and is the hoodpin functioning correctly. Test all of your connections for hood pin, neutral safety, brake at the actual unit to make sure nothing is receiving a false input.
What exactly happens when you try to remote start it?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
blue5oh 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged  
I don't have either hooked up actually. According to the directions, both connections are taken care of by the D2D. I will point out that the Altima does not have a hood light and I would assume that would be what the DB-ALL box is looking for. Am I able to hook up the hood pin or neutral safety switch with D2D as well?
It does absolutely nothing when remote start is attempted, except the icon that appears on the 2 way remote. The icon, according to the manual, has the definition I listed above.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  

As a test, connect the Neutral Safety wire to chassis ground, plug in the Neutral Safety switch, put the switch in the ON position and try a remote start.

The Hood Pin is an important safety and should be installed.

Soldering is fun!
blue5oh 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
I actually did try the Neutral Safety connection to ground last night, didn't work either. I figured it was worth a shot. As far as the Hood Pin goes, will that make a difference since the DB-ALL and the Python are connected through D2D?
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
Looking at xpresskit.com's feature list on that car, the neutral safety switch is not part of the D2D.. what is a part of the D2D is the parking brake status. So unless the parking brake was on, it would not be receiving the ground signal; which is most likely what is causing your issue. And as Kreg said, you can get everything set for now without the hood pin but once you get it working and have the bugs worked out, make sure to install the included hood pin for safety.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
blue5oh 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
I just ran out to the car to try this, and again, same notification on the 2 way remote.
offroadzj 
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
What exactly did you try? Just pulling up on the parking brake or manually connecting the BLACK/ white NSS to ground?
Edit: Sorry, I missed your post regarding the NSS wire. I don't know if this will work or not, but try putting a DMM on the brown brake wire and see if you get anything on it when pressing the brake. I doubt that you will since everything is D2D.
I have a feeling you are getting a false input through your D2D connection. I would rewire it in W2W mode so you have a way to actually test which input is failing and then you can manually connect that input to the car (instead of the bypass) and correct your issue.
This is exactly why I don't recommend going D2D. When a problem like this arises, there is absolutely no diagnostic testing abilities (other than the built-in shutdown diagnostics).
Speaking of shut-down diagnostics, allow it to fail and then watch to see how many times the parking lights flash. This should give you an idea which input is being tripped.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
blue5oh 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry about the confusion. Last night I tried the Neutral Safety Switch to chassis ground, nothing. I just ran out to the car and pulled the parking break, nothing. I suppose I should try both at the same time...LOL. Sometimes it takes me a minute...I'll try them both, at the same time, at break and report back. Thanks!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic