the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

'05 altima remote start issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
It should only be one or the other. They are both connected to the same input so if the NSS wire is seeing ground then that is not your issue unless the unit is prioritizing the D2D over the manual connection... which then it should work with the parking brake.
I have a feeling your issue is with the hood pin or the brake shut down. You may be getting a false input (either a ground on the hood pin or +12v on the brake input). My money lies on a false ground on the hood pin. Either way, it will require changing over to W2W.
My suggestion is to change everything over to W2W. Leave the hood pin wire disconnected (for now) and report back the results.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
blue5oh 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
After disconnecting the D2D, what would be the bare minimum I can connect to make sure the unit is working and will remote start the car? If the unit is bad or something along those lines, I don't want to take all the effort to connect every wire to find out it still doesn't work. Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
Regardless of whether or not it solves your current problem, W2W is worth the extra 10min max of time it takes to make the connections. If you ever have a problem in the future you will be right back in this same boat or no way to diagnose anything. With w2w you can simply throw your DMM on the wires and see exactly what your issue is.
But to answer your question, you will need:
12v constant
Ground
Ground when running (status output)
brake wire input
I believe that is it.
Leave all of the wires between the bypass and the vehicle as they are... only the wires between the r/s and bypass need to be connected.
As long as you make sure the vehicle is unlocked prior you won't need to connect factory disarm just yet.
If you change it to w2w (leaving the hood pin input disconnected) and it works, test the hood pin output from the bypass and see if it is showing ground with the hood closed. If so then there lies your problem.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
blue5oh 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
I will take a stab at this when I get home tonight. Thankfully enough, we are enjoying 60 degrees here in Chicago today, so it won't be too bad out in the garage.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
i used a viper 5901+dball as a tester unit on a 06 altima as well. not the best module i'd say, but it sounds like the same issue i ran into.
you have fault on the hood pin. only one model came with a factory hoodpin (fully loaded v6 with tech package) you can open your hood and check if a hood pin is present. right side headlight a black pin. (highly doubt its presence) if not available the unit will always show ground.
switch over to w2w and problems solved.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
blue5oh 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
I was pretty sure that my car didn't have a hood pin, factory. I'll try wire to wire tonight and keep my fingers crossed. I just want this damn thing to work....LOL. I might have more questions with the wire to wire, but hopefully not!
offroadzj 
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
The wire to wire should be pretty self explanatory. Just connect the inputs of one to the corresponding outputs of the other. The only one that may be odd is the ground when running / status output. Just know that those 2 names are one in the same (the bypass may call it ground when running where the r/s may call it status output). Other than that it should be straight forward. Use the diagram you posted as a helper. I would just do all of the wires while you are at it... no sense spending the time and only doing some of them.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE=tedmond] you have fault on the hood pin... if not available the unit will always show ground.
/QUOTE]
I had a pretty good feeling the bypass was defaulting to ground without the presence of the hood pin, but I wasn't 100% sure how they worked.
I am pretty sure you'll have everything working 100% as soon as you switch to W2W.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
blue5oh 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, first, thank you ALL very much for your input and help! The car now starts since I connected it W2W! I wouldn't have known where to begin without everyone's suggestions!
Now, with that said, new problem...
I set up the DB-ALL correctly and the alarm works great, car starts great, doors unlock/lock great, trunk opens great....Here is the problem, after 15 - 20 minutes, for no reason, the doors and trunk stop working with the Python fob. Remote start and alarm still work though.
DB-ALL is set up as follows:
1. Door Lock - On type 1 (EU) [type 2 (CAN & US) would not work with the car]
2. Parking lights - On
3. OEM Alarm - OEM Disable
Any ideas?
offroadzj 
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
I haven't heard of any nissan bcm's going to sleep but it is a possibility. Try diode isolating the disarm wire to the door pin to hopefully wake up the bcm.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic