icon

viper 211 and 520t conflict

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mario595 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  

I want the flexibility to turn it on and off as desired if I am going to be near the car, not based on a timer. I understand your concept and considered it but I want to do it with a remote like I used to. RIght now I have to get in and out of the car to do it.  I don't want to give up window control or trunk release which is why I need a remote lock/unlock system with 3 auxiliary outputs.

pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
DEI makes a channel expander for the 211HV:
eBay- 450t
Here's the manual (its under Downloads/Manuals):
450t manual
Use H1/14- WHITE/ Blue (channel 3 validity output) then program your output accordingly.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
mario595 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  

Wasn't aware of this 450t device. Before I buy all this stuff. Can you confirm that I got this right:

I wire the 450T so that the 530T is on the first channel programmed as pulse/validity mode.

I wire my fan and pump relays on the second channel programmed as latch mode.

Working the fan is simple just press the AUX button (channel 3 output of Viper 211) twice within 5 seconds to turn it on or off.

When I press the AUX button the 450T has to monitor how many times it is pressed. It doesn't state what kind of time limit you have in between presses. Say I wanted to lock the car doors without rolling up the window. The 530T manual states that you are supposed to press the aux channel then arm within 5 seconds. I am going to assume that the time limit for the 450T is less than 5 seconds so I should be able to still do this right? Press the AUX button then wait 3 seconds before arming maybe?

pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry i didnt get back to you sooner. I've been pretty busy at the shop. Just to clarify, Channel 3 is controlled by pressing lock and unlock simultaneously which is what you want to control the 450t. You want to use channel 3 (H1/14 WHITE/ blue) because this output engages as soon as you press the two buttons together (instant transmission) and outputs a ground pulse as long as lock and unlock are held together. Use 450t to control the fan and pump relays on channel 1 and use channel 2 on the 450t to control the fan (program which output you need for each channel accordingly). On channel 2 (H1/18 RED / white) you press the aux button which transmits after holding the button for 1.5 sec and provides a ground pulse as long as the AUX button is held (Use with 530t). You can also use the 530t on channel 3 of the 450t but I think it would be easier and less confusing to us it on channel 2 (H1/18 RED / white). Channel 2 (H1/18 RED / white) is non-programmable.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
mario595 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2012 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry to reply to my thread so late but I finally got around to planning this out again. The option above is not going to work for me because I want to use channel 2 on the 211HV to control a trunk release and work audible mode. That leaves me with channel 3 to work the 450T. I don't care about the panic function. So here is what I am thinking and this SHOULD work. If anybody sees a problem with my logic please let me know:

211 HV -

Program buttons as follows:

Button 1 = Channel 2 = Arm only
Button 2 = Channel 3 = Disarm only
Button 3 = Channel 4 = RED / white output
Button 4 = Channel 5 = WHITE/ blue output

H1/18 = RED / WHITE = Channel 2 output - connected to trunk release relay 

When the system receives the transmitter code controlling Channel 2 for longer than 1.5 seconds, the RED / white wire will supply an output as long as the transmission continues. This is often used to operate a trunk/hatch release or other relay-driven functions.

H1/14 = WHITE/ BLUE = Channel 3 output - connected to 450T input

This wire provides a (-) 200 mA output whenever the transmitter code controlling Channel 3 is received. This output will continue as long as that transmission is received. Use for options such as 530T power window controllers.

450T Channel Expander -

Programmed as follows (Standard Mode):

Press the button on the remote transmitter the number of times equal to the channel you want to use. If you want to use a validity output press the button on the transmitter the number of times equal to the channel, holding it on the last press. Each time any channel output is used the input count resets.

Channel 1 output type = pulse/validity

Channel 2 output type = standard latch
Channel 3 thru 6 = off

WHITE/ BLUE (-) rf Channel input - connected to 211HV channel 3 output

Connect to the auxiliary channel from the host RF system. This must be a (-) input and must be instant.
GREEN/ BLACK (-) Channel 1 output - connected to 530T input.
RED / BLACK   (-) Channel 2 output - connected to sinlge relay that will turn on all 4 pump/fan relays.
SIREN OUTPUT NOT CONNECTED

530T:

H2/3 RED / WHITE (-) Auxiliary input - connected to Channel 1 of the 450T
Connect this wire to a (-) validity channel output of the security system.

Here is how the buttons should work:

LOCKING/ARMING

Pressing Button 1 for one second. Pressing a 2nd time (within 5 seconds) after arming will honk the horn.

UNLOCKING/DISARMING

Press button 2 for one second. Pressing a 2nd time (within 5 seconds) after disarming will honk the horn.

AUDIBLE MODE

To temporarily turn on the arm or disarm horn honk(s), simply press Button3 for less than one second before arming or disarming, and the confirmation honk(s) will be present for that one operation only. ALTHOUGH IT HAS BEEN SAID THAT THE HV211 CANNOT BE PROGRAMMED INTO SILENT MODE. In effect Button 3 for less than 1.5 second does NOTHING ???

TRUNK RELEASE

Press button 3 for more than 1.5 seconds.

ROLL-UP WINDOWS:

Arm the system

ARM THE SYSTEM AND LEAVE THE WINDOWS DOWN:

Press button 4, wait at least one second but no longer than 5, then press button 1.
NOTE: The one second is a guess as the 450T instructions don't say exactly and I will not be connecting the siren output)

TO VENT THE WINDOWS:

Press button 4 for between 1 and 3 seconds. Wait a few seconds (???) before using again so the 450T resets if unsuccessful

TO ROLL THE WINDOWS DOWN:

Press button 4 for more than 3 seconds.

TURNING FANS/PUMP ON or OFF:

Press button 4 two times about a second apart. Wait a few seconds (???) before using again so the 450T resets if unsuccessful

I think I got this right. Aybody see a problem or have anything to add? maybe help with the ???

Thanks.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic