icon

door unlock? on vehicle tracking unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jen1110bill 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
i think i have it figured out, thanks for the help howie and ted, it helped greatly
jen1110bill 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2012 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  

i have another thread on here about tracking units and door locks but to make a long story short i have completed 3 of 5 vehicles and plan on finishing the last 2 this weekend, thanks again for the help with previuos problems.

now i have one more question concerning last 2 vehicle, they are dodge grand caravans and i have all the wiring infor i need just curious what type of resistor im going to need, i have found on this site plus have heard from some members on the proper OHM resistors i need to use but was wondering what wattage resistor's i will need? i have 1/4 watt and 1/2 watt resistors at the correct resistance but would i be safe in using the 1/4 watt or should i go with the 1/2 watt or even a bigger one? any help is appericated.

bill

***This post merged with original topic.***
jen1110bill 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2012 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
I am hooking up door locks on q dodge grand caravan and know the correct resistors to use just wondering if I can use a 1/4 watt resistor, a 1/2 amp resistor, or a higher amp resistor? I just want to use a 1/4 amp one and end up melting one that small,
Any help is appericatedthanks
Bill
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2012 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
1/4 watt is fine, it's still low current, it's just the tracker's output may not be able to overcome the resistance without a relay.
jen1110bill 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2012 at 6:58 AM / IP Logged  
ok thanks howie, another question if you dont mind, i have a 1/4 watt 1% tolerance assortment from radio shack they are different values, they all have 5 bands, now which band would be the tolarance band, i found another site that allows you to type in the bands to figure out the resistance but the lines are so small and spaced evenly apart so how can i tell which band is which?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2012 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  
Use a DMM to measure them.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic