the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2009 camry transponder bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 5:46 AM / IP Logged  
Everything looks good as far as I can tell (didn't check factory colors). The only thing is to make sure you change the fuse jumper for (-) parking lights.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged  
Does the Camry have the Factory Alarm?
Soldering is fun!
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 6:20 AM / IP Logged  

only the XLE has an alarm...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
specs 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the responses everyone, and the reminder regarding the jumper for - park lights Kenny! Couple more questions.....noticed both the bypass module and the remote start have the key sense output, do I have to run both or is just the one from the bypass adequate? Also, do I need to run both Starter 1&2 in this application.....reason I ask is that I've noticed some of the install guides for other xpresskit bypasses show only a need for Starter 1 on '07-'10 Camry. Thanks, Al
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
As far as I know, both starter wires are required and you must use a relay to activate the 2nd starter (unless the unit has a 2nd start option on the flex output... and you don't need the flex output for anything else). You should only need the keysense for the bypass module... not really sure why the starter calls for it.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
use both start wires and connect with a relay.
connect keysense from bypass module to car. diode isolate a status output from the remote start to the car key sense. you need this to disarm.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
specs 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, will use second starter through relay...thanks guys. Ted, I'm assuming you recommend that I use the keysense output from the r/s (isolated) to disarm when unlocking? Am I correct in this....thought the unlock/lock wires also took care of disarm/arming when used? Al
offroadzj 
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
If you use the factory arm/disarm wires for the locks then it will arm and disarm with your lock/unlock on the aftermarket remote. However, it will not disarm before remote start that way. So if you were to remote start it while it was armed, it would set the factory alarm off. There are 2 options for disarming the factory alarm during remote start.
1) The easiest way: Connect the status output (Ground when running) to the keysense wire. The combination of the transponder bypass along with the keysense will automatically disarm the factory alarm. With this method you don't have to worry about the doors unlocking before remote start
2) Connect the disarm wire from the remote start to the disarm wire in the vehicle. This will send out a pulse on the r/s disarm before remote start which will disarm the alarm, but it will also cause the driver side door to unlock. Then you have to deal with trying to find a way to re-lock the door after starting. This is why its easier to just use the 1st method.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  

Again, there is no alarm in any Camry other than the XLE. You don't need the keysense connected to the Rs to disarm because there is nothing to disarm. You need the keysense connected to the bypass strickly for programming. The only reason to use arm/disarm instead of lock/unlock is to gain an easy way to have 2 stage unlock. Ya'll are making more complicated than it really is.

Chris recently did a really good write up on this car a few weeks ago explaining everything needed and easier ways to obtain them. You might try a search for it as it was very informative. Every wire you need is in two locations on this car, either the steering shroud or the drivers kick panel.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  

specs wrote:
Okay, will use second starter through relay...thanks guys. Ted, I'm assuming you recommend that I use the keysense output from the r/s (isolated) to disarm when unlocking? Am I correct in this....thought the unlock/lock wires also took care of disarm/arming when used? Al

There is a difference in the wires. Lock/unlock are the wires from the drivers door switch while arm/disarm are wires from the drivers door key cylinder. These are the ones you want, not lock/Unlock(and yse they are there whether you have a factory alarm or not). They are gray and brown in the DKP door harness. Do NOT set for double pulse, but connect the blue second unlock wire together with the first blue unlock to the disarm wire in the DKP. This will allow 2 stage unlock just like the factory remote does.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic