icon

2000 chrysler town and country

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
antman1 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2012 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry in advance for this post if I sound dumb. I feel like a technical person and have done many different things but I am confused on this one. I have a 2000 Chrysler Town and Country and this is what I have found on here for my alarm wiring.
2000 chrysler town and country -- posted image.
And this is the alarm I got yupbizauto 2 Way Car Security Alarm System LCD Remote Engine Start from ebay. I am including the wiring part of the book because I have not seen it posted anywhere else. I am not sure on what wire will go to what. I am a little confused by the directions on this install book and am in need of help.
Here is the wiring part of the book:
If you can help please let me know, Thank you.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
A couple quick pointers before I head to bed.
1) Please don't take this personally, but if you have to ask about how to even get started then you are most likely over your head on the install. I would highly recommend finding someone to install it for you.. just make sure to ask a lot of questions so you know that they know what they are doing (and they aren't a hack). 1 wrong connection can cause hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars in damage and it doesn't always take much.
2) Before you even start I would try to return that unit and get a quality starter. Fleabay (stolen from howie...thanks!) starters are USUALLY complete junk and aren't worth the plastic the boxes are made of. I'm not sure what you paid for that unit, but you can get a quality remote starter (Compustar or DEI) on Amazon for around $60-$80. They are MUCH more reliable than the off-brand crap that you usually find on Fleabay.
With all that said, if you really want to give it a shot, I will work on getting you an in depth point to point install guide tomorrow morning when I get to work (around 6:30EST).
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2012 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for your help. I looked at the features of this alarm and others and then I looked over the reviews and this alarm seemed like a good deal on this. I do have a installer I can go to but I really feel I can do this myself but with this being my first install I want to check with you guys (the experts) and get as much help as I can. Thank you. I do feel that I can do this and appreciate your help.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2012 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  

I've installed one of those before and it was a complete nightmare. I would definitely purchase something better. DEI products are much more installer friendly. Also does the van have a grey or black key. If it has a grey key you will also need a transponder bypass.

antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2012 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
It has the Black key. No transponder bypass needed.
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 5:52 AM / IP Logged  
I had a little bit of a late start this morning. I will work on the diagram first chance I get today.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
I had a quick update on this. I bought this vehicle a week ago and was told that it does not have an alarm. Well last night I found out the opposite. My wife went into the store and she locked the doors with the 1 remote we had that came with the vehicle and I was trying to surprise her with a valentines gift and I came out and opened the door with my key and then I hit the unlock button from the inside and the van acted like we hit the panic button and was going off. It didn't turn off even with the key in the ignition until I found her and got the remote then held the panic button and the horn sounded 5 times.
I still want to install this alarm I got because of its features. Will this factory alarm cause a problem? The alarm I have says it is factory alarm compatible but I wanted to run it by you guys.
offroadzj 
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
The factory alarm won't be an issue... it just required an additional connection. I'll have that diagram up shortly.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
Well that just sucks, I had a whole nice diagram made up and my damn computer froze just before I could save it. So I'm just going to put it in here.
5 Pin Heavy Gauge Harness:
Red - Red (+) 12v constant at ignition switch
Purple - Yellow (+) Starter wire at ignition switch
Orange - BLACK/ Orange (+) Accessory wire at ignition switch
Pink A - Dark Blue (+) Ignition wire at ignition switch
Pink B - N/C
*You will need to use a relay to power the 2nd accessory. Just a standard 30a/40a automotive relay connected as follows:
Pin 85 - Blue/White (-) bypass wire in H4 harness
Pin 86 - Orange Accessory wire from above
Pin 87 - 12v Constant Fused (can tie into fused Red 12v constant above)
Pin 30 - BLACK/ White (+) 2nd Accessory wire at ignition switch
7 Pin Secondary (H4) Harness:
1-3 - Factory wiring to R/S module
4 - Blue/White (See Above)
5 - Gray/Black - N/C
6 - BLACK/ White - Chassis Ground
7 - Violet/White - Gray or Gray/Red (AC) at ignition coil pack. Can also use the odd colored wire at any injector.
10 Pin Primary (H1) Harness
1 - Brown - To Siren (+) input
2 - White - GREEN / WHITE or GREEN/ Red (-) at headlight switch. Must set unit to (-) parking light output. Search for DEI Tech Doc 1080 if the van has automatic headlights.
3 - Violet - N/C
4 - Blue/Black - WHITE/ Green in left plug on bottom of BCM/Fusebox. Must connect a 665ohm resistor inline.
5 - BROWN / Black - Chassis Ground
6 - Violet/Black - N/C
7 - GREEN/ Black - Same as unlock wire. Must connect 4020ohm resistor inline.
8 - WHITE/ Black - Chassis Ground
9 - Red - 12v Constant fused (can tie into heavy gauge red wire from main harness)
10 - Black - Chassis Ground
6 Pin Secondary (H2) Harness:
1 - Orange - Starter kill relay input
*If you wish to enable the starter kill, you will need to cut the factory Yellow starter wire at the ignition switch and you will need another relay (same as above) connected as follows:
Pin 85 - Orange Ground when running (H2-1)
Pin 86 - Ignition (+) (Pink from main harness)
Pin 87a - ignition side of cut starter wire
Pin 30 - Vehicle side of cut starter wire
*Connect the remote start output (Purple) between the relay and the car!
Pin 87 - N/C
2 - Blue - N/C
3 - WHITE/ Black - N/C
4 - PURPLE / Black - N/C
5 - BLACK/ White - BROWN / white at dome light on/off switch
*This connection is not required, but if desired, it MAY require a relay
6 - RED / White - N/C
8 Pin (H3) Harness:
1 - GREEN/ Black - Factory alarm arm/disarm will require either 2 relays or a DEI 451m. The 451m is a better choice as it is more compact and will include a resistor pack. Connect the 451m as follows:
Violet/Black - Chassis ground
Blue/Black - Blue/Black unlock wire from unlock above(*Must connect between the unit and the resistor)
GREEN/ Black - GREEN/ Black lock wire from lock above (*Must connect between the unit and the resistor)
WHITE/ Black - N/C
BROWN / Black - N/C
Small Red - 12v Constant Fused
Small Blue - GREEN/ Black (H3-1)
Small Green - GREEN / WHITE (H3-2)
2 - GREEN / WHITE - See Above
3 - Red - I am not sure if this wire is needed along with the tach sensing or not. If so it will connect to the small wire coming off the alternator that reads 12v-14v only when the vehicle is running.
4 - Gray - Must add aftermarket hood pin.
5 - Brown - WHITE/ tan (+) at brake pedal switch
6 - Yellow - Pink wire from main harness
7 - Green - BROWN / Light Green at dome light on/off switch
8 - Purple - N/C
This is by no means an easy starter. Make sure to take your time and use a quality DMM to test EVERYTHING before making any connections. When making connections, strip, poke, solder, and tape the connection with a high quality 3m tape (super 33+ or better). If the tape is less than $2-$3 per roll then its no good!!!
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you so much. This is exactly what I needed. I will break out the multimeter and take my time on this. I will let you know how it goes. The alarm did come with a starter relay for Starter kill function.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic