the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000 chrysler town and country

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2012 at 5:06 AM / IP Logged  

DEI Tech Tip 1080 is contained in this ZIP file ( located in the Downloads Section ) :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=1076

There are actually 4 ZIP files in the Downloads Section that include most all of the DEI Tech Tips.  Search on "Tech Tips".

2000 chrysler town and country - Page 3 -- posted image.  Many thanks to forum member SeanW727!  2000 chrysler town and country - Page 3 -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
antman1 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2012 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  
Very cool. Looks like I will be back out to get another relay. Also I have a quick question about the relay connection. Do I just run the 85 relay wire to GREEN / WHITE and have the alarm also spliced into Green white like originally planned?
2000 chrysler town and country - Page 3 -- posted image.
Thank you goes to Kreg357, SeanW727 and especially offroadzj. You guys have helped me so much. All I can say to anyone that may have been following this. NEVER rush on one of these jobs. so far I have found many bumps in my road and am glad I have been reading and asking questions before doing anything in the vehicle.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2012 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
The 2 black things with the white line are diodes. You can pick up just a couple 1n4004 diodes at any radio shack or other electrical place like that. You will have to disconnect / cut your white wire coming off the alarm anyways to put the diode in, so cut that wire somewhere near the switch, connect the diodes, and wire 1 to the parking light wire of the car (GREEN / WHITE) and one to the relay. Basically what the relay is doing is cutting the input connection to the auto lights so that they do not come on during remote start (and thus won't stay on if you shut down before getting in the car).
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2012 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
Does this look right?
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2012 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
Its tough to tell. The easiest is to just follow the diagram exactly as it is shown in the tech doc. Cut the white wire from the alarm, connect the stripe side of each together to white coming off the alarm. Then connect lengths of wire to the other side of each diode. Connect 1 to the GREEN / WHITE wire at the switch, and connect the other to the relay. Simple and clean.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2012 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
The diodes have to used to form a "Y" like the first diagram you posted with the questions embedded into it. The Diagram you posted will not work. Its easier to split the negative parking light wire closer to the remote starter brain anyway. At the brain you can "Y" the parking light wire with the diodes, & you have your constant 12 volts. You can zip tie the relay up near the brain and extend the wires to the switch. I'm pretty sure the switch wires are accessible without removing the switch on that year. They loop down and are wrapped in black tape. When looking up and behind the switch you can clearly see the harness that I am talking about. Also, in that same harness or right next to that harness, is you dome light supervision (BROWN / white). Its a nice feature to have and its only one more wire to hook up, no relay required. You have to access that harness anyway to interface with the parking lights, so why not add it. Also, I'm not sure if you were doing a remote start or alarm/remote start combo. If you are doing a alarm also, the all door trigger is also in the harness with dome supervision(BROWN / light green).
offroadzj 
Posted: February 19, 2012 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
you may or may not need to connect the domelight supervision though on that car. Once you get everything connected (don't put the car back together just yet). Try unlocking the car and see if the domelight comes one. Then try it again with the car running. On some vehicles, the BCM automatically turns on the domelight with the unlock signal.
Worse comes to worse, if they don't work then you can make the BLACK/ white connection.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2012 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
you may or may not need to connect the domelight supervision though on that car. Once you get everything connected (don't put the car back together just yet). Try unlocking the car and see if the domelight comes one. Then try it again with the car running. On some vehicles, the BCM automatically turns on the domelight with the unlock signal.
Worse comes to worse, if they don't work then you can make the BLACK/ white connection.
I do think that when the doors are unlocked the lights come on automatically.
flobee4 wrote:
The diodes have to used to form a "Y" like the first diagram you posted with the questions embedded into it. The Diagram you posted will not work. Its easier to split the negative parking light wire closer to the remote starter brain anyway. At the brain you can "Y" the parking light wire with the diodes, & you have your constant 12 volts. You can zip tie the relay up near the brain and extend the wires to the switch. I'm pretty sure the switch wires are accessible without removing the switch on that year. They loop down and are wrapped in black tape. When looking up and behind the switch you can clearly see the harness that I am talking about. Also, in that same harness or right next to that harness, is you dome light supervision (BROWN / white). Its a nice feature to have and its only one more wire to hook up, no relay required. You have to access that harness anyway to interface with the parking lights, so why not add it. Also, I'm not sure if you were doing a remote start or alarm/remote start combo. If you are doing a alarm also, the all door trigger is also in the harness with dome supervision(BROWN / light green).
Thank you. That helps greatly. How does this look? Sorry the diagram I drew looks messy was in a hurry when I drew it up.
offroadzj 
Posted: February 19, 2012 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
That diagram is right. Check and make sure that the domelight still comes on when you unlock while the vehicle is running.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2012 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
Looks like I will just go ahead and wire up that Dome Light Supervision wire because I noticed the interior lights only come on when using the factory remote to unlock the doors. So I might as well do it all while I am in there and do it right.
Also do these look like they will be ok to use?
Here are the exact Quick connects I have.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic