icon

2009 honda ody touring viper 5904 issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ngooo 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2012 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
this thing is so insane.  The things i tried to narrow it down: I purchased a new battery.  learned the tach at a 1500 rpm, tried voltage sense, virtual tach, went w2w, went d2d.  tested the electrical system at canaditan tire, was told the alternator was working great.  I threw everything but the kitchen sink. My last resort was to install a 528T delay which didn't allow power to the Accessory until after the van started.  since i tried voltage sense/tach/ and virtual tach, i don't think it is tach related.  I believe it is power related and short drives is the key to this.  My guess is that the battery gets drained with all the electronics on the short trip and doesn't get charged enough for the remote start after a short trip.  Of course, that is just my guess.  Not sure how i can prove that.
blkrhyno 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2012 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
I tried driving with nothing on in the car and the same thing happens. I've installed a 5904 on my friends car, same year, make, & model as mine and his car starts every single time. I ordered a dei 454t so I'm going see if that works for me, I don't know what else to try. I've been installing alarms for severals years and my personal car is the only one I can't get to work like it should, LOL.
Protect what's yours.
ngooo 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2012 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  

just curious, how will the 454t help?

in my case, i went to voltage sense, hardwire tach, bypass tach, virtual tach, all the same result.  you should check the battery when it doesn't start, if it is like mine, the voltage is just not enough.

please come back and post if you ever figure it out.  since i have delayed the accessory, i have had less failures, but still some.

blkrhyno 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2012 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  
So I received the 454t on 5-3-12 I installed it on 5-4-12 and I have to say it works like a charm. My car starts on every single try now. If you decide to get it change your tach sensing to voltage. I think I'll pick up a few of these to keep on hand just in case.
Protect what's yours.
ngooo 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2012 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  

So its winter, and i want this thing to work 100% of the time, so i have purchased the 454T.

First question, if the BLACK/ grey wire goes to the tach input of the R/S, why would i change from tach sense to voltage?

Reading the installation guide of the 454T, it just shows the unit being tied to the alternator cable but no actual physically wire connections?  Anyone with 454T experience, please kindly confirm?

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
That's exactly correct, actually it's the best non-intrusive method of picking up tach, it "reads" the spikes in the battery to alternator feed by induction so no intrusive engine bay wiring,
Set your unit to tach and re-learn.
ngooo 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2012 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  

i am losing my mind with this viper 5904.

installed the 454t today, and it worked 7 out of 8 times today.  the last time, van didn't start and i got the dreaded low tach signal on the fob. tach was learned at 1500 RPM.

I am just about to rip this thing out after a year of troubling shooting this viper system.  Things i have done in the past year based on suggestions: 1) replaced the battery. 2) had van charging system tested.3) ensure i had good ground by drilling hole in steel under dash. 4) tried voltage sense. 5) tried virtual tach.  6) removed secondary accessory. 7) installed 538t and delayed the main accessory. 8) tried d2d. 9)tried w2w. 10) installed 454t.

Doesn't matter what i do, i am good for at least 2-3 failures a week.  it seems like every once in a while the viper doesn't pull enough or pass enough voltage to start the van.  Anyone else have any other input on these viper 5904 systems?  i am so close to pulling it all out and just install a cheap prostart system from crappy tire to see if it is the R/S unit.

losing my mind. ugh.

laziebun 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2012 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  
ngooo wrote:
this thing is so insane.  The things i tried to narrow it down: I purchased a new battery.  learned the tach at a 1500 rpm, tried voltage sense, virtual tach, went w2w, went d2d.  tested the electrical system at canaditan tire, was told the alternator was working great.  I threw everything but the kitchen sink. My last resort was to install a 528T delay which didn't allow power to the Accessory until after the van started.  since i tried voltage sense/tach/ and virtual tach, i don't think it is tach related.  I believe it is power related and short drives is the key to this.  My guess is that the battery gets drained with all the electronics on the short trip and doesn't get charged enough for the remote start after a short trip.  Of course, that is just my guess.  Not sure how i can prove that.
Could you maybe provide a diagram of how you wired up the 528t? Thanks
ngooo 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2012 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

laziebun wrote:
ngooo wrote:
Could you maybe provide a diagram of how you wired up the 528t? Thanks

thanks to howie and others on this one https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=130232&tpn=6&PN=6

laziebun 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2012 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
Well my confusion is the 528T is 15amps max. The ACC wire is fused at 30 amps. Isnt that a no no...?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic